1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyped for Prysm

Discussion in 'Human Fate' started by That_McNs_Guy, Aug 11, 2018.

1. That_McNs_Guy

That_McNs_Guy New Member

I'm new to the game, so perhaps I'm missing something, but Prysm looks like a brutal addition to the game. Being able to force enemies to attack you if you tag them with a taunt (even with Contender... ::shudder::) looks profoundly powerful for positioning/scoring. Really looking forward to getting some time with her when my copy of Human Fate arrives in the post.

When I first saw Prysm's card, I was worried about her functionally always being Marked (bar state clearance). But I really that it's actually a perk once you can start putting down Taunts (thanks, long range of Contender!).

In terms of down-sides, she looks like she's not tankiest tank that ever tanked (relying mostly on her !! Switch and a green die), is reliant on landing her 3 cost attack off to get Taunts out, and has tactics that can only be played on her.

What are some other Aristos that you'd take with Prysm if you were putting her in your 8 for an AGL? I'm thinking Parvati, Laxmee, and/or Max for combos. Thoughts?

2. Kelthret

Kelthret Usuario

Prysm is amazing. I would run her with Mendoza, for heals since she's gonna be getting a lot of attention, and Sr. Massacre, since he likes all the taunted states Prysm imposes.

-V- and Flipswitch like this.
  3. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

Check out the Gencon thread. The winner of the tournament, Lacy, used the eight characters of the Core set (swapping out 8 ball for Valkyrie the first day and Lunah for Massacre on the second) even though Human Fate and Smoke and Mirrors were permitted. My take is that it is more important to learn how Aristos synergize than any given the abilities of any specific Aristo.

Egape, Myomer and -V- like this.
  4. That_McNs_Guy

That_McNs_Guy New Member

Thanks for the pointer! I absolutely agree that its important to learn how teams, rather than individuals, work.

Unrelated to Prysm, but how commonly are the MODs used in the Gencon tournaments for AGL events? I can imagine those MODs (especially Semy, used in Friday's event) driving people to comfort picks like the core 8.

5. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Absolutely would pair her with Mendoza for the passive healing ability, as well as the potential ability to instantly bring her back for more control. Damage wise, Massacre could go well as well whilst double dipping off Mendoza's healing. Then you just want some long range damage ideally at that stage, though Mendoza does some respectable damage too I find.

6. Varuna White Stripes

I think Prysm is the takiest tank in the game, along with Maximus, but she manages to get more attention from DPS characters than Max. Her switch to cancel hits is great. I you add a healer like Mendoza, as Kelthret says, she can be a real pain in the ass.
    Facing her, you need to kill her ASAP with all you have at hand, or to learn how to be far from her. Remember her taunt skill has a range of 3. Keep your fighters at a distance, and not close between them, and you will control her. If you manage to immobilize her with Hexxer or Tao Wu... great :)

-V- likes this.
  7. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Her 2 attack range really offends people for some reason. Prysm is great, albeit very vulnerable to Lunah.

8. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

Every tournament I've run, and most I have played in, has used zlavin.

csjarrat likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation