1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAQ 1.4 - Cancelling the Engaged State and Facings

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Skjarr, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

Right so the new FAQ states that at the end of your order you can cancel the engaged state and move your model away 1mm if all the models it is in base contact with are either in a Null state or Immobolised.
    All good so far and very useful.
    My question is this:
    When I move my model away 1mm am I able to choose it's facing when doing so?

My initial feeling is yes.

2. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Any sort of Move allows you to change the facing to whatever you'd like it to be.
    So, yes.
    Edit: condition #1 for cancelling Engage according to the FAQ is never called a Move though. It only tells you to separate the troopers by 1mm.
    So no turning around.

#2 Teslarod, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  3. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

That's what I thought. Just wasn't sure it was a Move move if you catch my drift.

4. Spleen

Spleen Well-Known Member

But you aren't performing a Move, the FAQ answer specifically doesn't use that terminology, it just tells you to separate the models.

I don't think you should do anything other than the bare minimum necessary to cause separation to exist.

inane.imp likes this.
  5. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Which functionally means going 'they're not Engaged' and actually moving nothing.

Follow up though: can a Trooper in a Foxhole break out of the Engaged state this way, as any form of movement is forbidden (other than changing facing)

6. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Yes, as you can always "push" the non foxhole model by this 1mm (or any infinetaly small amount which prevents both units form touching each other) ?

7. inane.imp

Can you?

That's a type of movement: Troopers in foxholes cannot perform any movement. Even if the distance is only a proverbial '1mm'.

8. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Push the guy who is not in foxhole?

9. inane.imp

He's Unc/IMM.

10. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

Hello,

but it'isn't only the active player who can "move away", if I have read properly is the "model" wich remains on his foots and alive. When all the enemy models are inmo or unconscious the troop alive can remain engaged or not. In the caso of the foxhole troops maybe you can move the other models. It is only a manner of disengange, nothin more.

What happening if both of models are in a foxhole??

Don't make the things more complicated thar they already are. It is simple, put away thar milimiter away the model or stimate that they aren't in close combat without touching them. Don't really matters how, I think.

:)

11. Teslarod

Short answer yes you can cancel Engaged with the free 1mm move after he drops Unconscious.
    Long answer:
    • A Foxhole trooper may automatically cancel this state by declaring the Short Movement Skill Move. The player must announce he is cancelling the Foxhole state when declaring the Short Skill Move. By doing so, the state is cancelled at no cost and the trooper can carry out its Move using its regular MOV and S values.
    Moving the 1mm does not have happen by declaring a Move. Breaking Foxhole hoewer only happens if you declare the Short Movement Skill Move.

From the Engaged FAQ:
    At the Conclusion of an Order, the Engaged state can be cancelled when all of a trooper’s adversaries are in Null or Immobilized state. When this happens, the trooper’s player must decide whether to keep the Engaged state, or cancel it by separating the trooper by 1mm from the adversaries.
    If all of an active trooper’s adversaries are in Null or Immobilized state the trooper can also cancel Engaged state by declaring Move (but following the structure of the Order) to separate from the adversaries.

So you using the fist condition doesn't cancel Foxhole, while using the second condition would.

See above for Foxhole.

The interesting case here is actually "what happens if both sides are Unconscious/Immobilized at the end of the Order?".
    Happens mostly with CC vs DTW or Berserk.
    A Domaru vs Achilles ending up Unconscious while Achilles ends up in IMM-2.
    Both sides could still use the free 1mm disengage here. If you want to be able to shoot the Achilles shaped salt pillar. Nothing prevents the Unconscious Domaru from using the clause to disengage.
    Despite being IMM-2 nothing about IMM-2 prevents movement as a whole (you can still caseevac for instance), it only forbids declaring the use of most Skills and Equipment.

So either side is free to take the opportunity to seperate 1mm.

12. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Given that the FAQ entry doesn't mention 'moving' at all in that clause, but merely separating the troopers, I think it's unlikely that you would be able to change the facing of the trooper.

13. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

This 1mm separation does not count as a "move" for any rules purposes. All you're doing is making it so that base contact no longer exists. You cannot change facing, go prone, etc. nor will it affect things like foxholes, suppressive fire, immobilized state, etc.

ChoTimberwolf and Teslarod like this.
  14. Teslarod

Yep you guys are right, no change of facing.

Must have mixed up the first and 2nd condition in my original answer. There isn't a Move happening in #1. Fixed above.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation