1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GenCon news.

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Maksimas, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

There are no rules against any level of burst anywhere. It's a design decision by the game producers to not allow burst higher than 5.

2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I took releasing together to mean as set, because if we take them as releasing together in a book they'll never see the light of day.

Ghost_X likes this.
  3. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

I don't see them as a set, unless they start redoing all the 2 player sets, because PanO are in Icestorm and YJ are in Red Veil.

4. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

T
    Sorry, I was staying something that could get burst 6, theoretically.

There is no rule against It, but there are several combinations of rules that don't stack which prevent it. (Full auto and link teams for example)

It's a design choice not to allow a unit to get to B6 on a BS weapon rather than a strict rule

Ben Kenobi likes this.
  5. Niebieskooki

Niebieskooki Blue Sun Lieutenant

If we do get Toha vs CA box set in 2019, that would mean that take can make new "rotations" of starting sets in different configuration. Assuming they won't include Mercenary companies into equation.

6. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Tohaa needs some love seriously. I think they're almost dehydrated for new minis now.. Worse than us.

Maksimas likes this.
  7. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

Maybe a special fireteam or a HMGmulti haris option, but I don't think that HMC can have B6 ever

8. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Yeah, I'd prolly expect the MULTI-HMG to get a Haris profile for a mixed link, TBH...

That being said... since CB clearly isn't afraid of putting S5 models into their starters...

Maybe the sectorial starter box will have just that? A MULTI-HMG Yan Huo? Would be neat.

9. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

3 zhuyong, multi hmg yan huo, shang ji rework and fatboi drop troop. Could be cool

Kallas, krossaks, Section9 and 2 others like this.
  10. Ten Thousand Arrows

Ten Thousand Arrows Imperial Sage

That's the dream, but I bet it'd be expensive.

11. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

CB has said that they don't plan on doing any aliens in a 2-player starter, they don't sell well. Which is kinda sad. But I managed to buy all the Exrah a couple years after they went OOP, at "get them out of my store" prices (as opposed to "OOP collectables" prices).

I'm not expecting Op: Fimbulwinter (or whatever we call the Svalarheima release) to arrive until either Christmas 2019 at the earliest, or, more likely GenCon 2020 (IIRC, the previous 2-player boxes have been 2 years apart). But Svalarheima v White Banner would be ideal for a 2-player starter box and book release.

A book advancing the timeline past Paradiso. Finally.

Yeah, that's about what I'm expecting. Only question is the Shang Ji, or one of the new units.

12. SKOZZOKONZ

They could put the new support regiment multisniper in there to really jack the points up. Then you could buy the remotes box and ruishi and be 300 points good to go.

13. Section9

That wouldn't be a bad idea, actually. Only 9 orders, but 6 of them are HI, so 15 wounds to chew through.

14. SKOZZOKONZ

Given the new varuna starter there could just be swc everywhere.

15. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Yeah, I was thinking something similar.
    Odds are, we'll see at least a single SWC Zuyong in the starter ( The issue with assuming it'll have SWC everywhere is... we already have a model for the other SWC option, the HMG. So all we lack for Zuyong SWCs is the ML, unless they add more SWC weapons, such as a Sniper Rifle of sorts. ). Maybe a boarding shotgun and a regular rifle bearing Zuyong on top.

As for the Yan Huo being there... I mean, it'd be pleasant to have it be the MULTI-HMG Yan Huo. Then we'd have a model for every mobile artillery piece need we could have!

As for the remaining two models... either two new models ( Likely a Liu Xing and then either a Hai Dao or a Zhancha. ), or Shangers and a new unit.

OR it could go a route similar to the NCA starter and give us a new Missile Launcher Hac Tao sculpt, if people claiming the Hac Tao will be in IA are correct. I'd like a new ML Hac Tao model. Hidden Deployment MLs are fun, after all.

16. Whyarecarrots

Whyarecarrots Well-Known Member

If that is the case, that may suggest a change in profiles coming up, as the hacker/KSCD doesn't seem to have a grenade launcher on her combi, so maybe the smoke will be removed from that profile? That would be a pretty significant nerf if it is, although it's probably not unreasonable - that profile feels like enough of a no brainer in ISS as it is.

It also leads to odd questions about what the grenade launcher model is carrying in his other hand, if not a KSCD, as it doesn't look like a rifle magazine...

(Not doubting your info by the way - just indulging in idle speculation)

17. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I'd be okay with the grenade launcher getting smoke/normal 'nades, would be a shot to the nuts if the swc didn't also go down to reasonable levels, but the concept of select fire 'nades is good.

18. Section9

Well, even with 'just' the Yan Huo M-HMG and a Haidao Red Fury you're talking 3SWC, not counting whatever weapon is on the Liuxing.

19. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

Not to stir up the hype train... But was thinking over the weekend - Invincibles could be a reasonable place to add a new Link type. Something like a boosted Duo or Haris. IA will have low model count, so rather than full pain train, give them the option to take multiple smaller fireteams that still provide some bonus - Duo options that give +1 Burst, or a Haris that adds a BTS mod vs Hacking.

Due to the nature of the army, they would still be disctinct from Tohaa's Triads because you're not really going to go beyond LI setup. Feed it into a Fireteam:Eat-no-more-tacos style where 1 of the profiles forming the link needs the skill Fireteam:Invincible.

Seemed like a way to add more flexibility and board presence, rather than Pain train + cheer leaders, which is what HI focussed lists always become.

EDIT - or if this is too big a strength... Just give all the HI profiles the ability to Duo with one another. Incentivise small tag-teams with order efficiency.

Space Ranger and Kallas like this.
  20. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Just on the notion of a 2 player box for 2019... dunno if we'd get another one so soon.
    2014 was Icestorm. 2016 was Red Veil. now 2018 is Coldfront.
    Next year I think an army starter pack ala. USA and JSA would be more likely.

@paraelix - Fireteam: Invincibles is a super cool idea :D

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation