1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bromad Academy Initiative

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by WiseKensai, Aug 1, 2018.

1. WiseKensai

WiseKensai Rogue Interventor
    Warcor

Attention all Nomads and ALEPH sheeple! This is WiseKensai, transmitting from Johnny 5. The Nomad Kurage Council has founded a new Bromad Academy to sharpen our tacticool stra-tee-ger-ees afor next year's campaign.

Our basic mission statement is to encourage Infinity players to break out of their comfort zones and to try new unit profiles, list archetypes, and terrain configurations to build a well-rounded Infinity skillset and improve their game. We're not going to tell you what's good or bad--play it on the table and decide for yourself.

Every month we'll give you a new mission to try--anything from taking a particular unit profile to doing an army swap with one of your opponents. Write to report@bromadacademy.com with some feedback of how it went: battle reports, neckbeard rants, whatever, and be entered to win some Infinity swag every month!

If you're not a Nomad you really should be, but we'd love to hear from you anyway about what it's like to face us on the table. Don't worry, you're still eligible to get some swag!

For more details, please visit bromadacademy.com, the first mission is live and awaiting your feedback:

Mission 001: Mount Up!

Thanks, and see you on Arachne!

yoink101, HellLois, Alfy and 5 others like this.
  2. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Literally doing this with Geckos already do they count?

3. Daniel Darko

Daniel Darko Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I am deeply impressed by the Bromad-Movement. You are doing it so very right!
    If any of the four Nomad-Commanders in my meta is enlisting at the academy, I am in.
    Thank you for being that cool.

WiseKensai likes this.
  4. WiseKensai

Warcor

@loricus We'll eventually get to Geckos for a different mission, but we wanted to start with a Tunguska unit (mostly to get on the Tunguska hype train). You're welcome to submit stuff you're doing now once we get to Geckos, assuming CB doesn't violently change the Geckos profile or something.

5. WiseKensai

Warcor

Encourage them to! And you 're always welcome to write something about your games with them and send it in. Thanks for the feedback. =)

6. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I actually misread things leading to my first question.

When something Corregidor comes around someone @ me.

7. WiseKensai

Warcor

We're halfway through the first Bromad Academy Mission, so here's a

Mid-Mission 001 Update: Ride On!

The mission ends at the end of the month, so be sure to write in with some thoughts, pictures, a battle report, whatever, and be entered to win some swag from Micro Art Studios! We'll be posting a new mission at the start of September. Hope to hear from more folks soon!

8. WiseKensai

Warcor

New month, new Bromad Academy mission! We're leaving the Tunguskan corridors of power and heading to the streets of Vaudeville on Bakunin!

Mission 002: From Zero to Hero

This month, we're asking you to take Zeros in your list, specifically any profiles that you don't often use. Write in with battle reports, thoughts, unit reviews, strategies, whatever. We're also adding a request for pictures with each submission, just 1-2 illustrative example pictures from your games.

Here's last month's final mission report as well:

Mission 001 Report: Into the Sunset

We'll be adding some Nomad blisters to the prize support this month, so write in to report@bromadacademy.com for your chance to win! Non-Nomad player submissions about Zeros welcome. See you on Bakunin!

#8 WiseKensai, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    loricus likes this.
  9. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

WHERE DID ALL THESE ZERO SNIPERS COME FROM??

Devrailis, inane.imp and Maksimas like this.
  10. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

This is honestly fascinating, TBH.

11. WiseKensai

Warcor

Oh it's gonna happen! THEY'RE IN THE TREES! Corregidor stuff coming down the pipe, maybe in the next 2 months, haven't decided the next two missions yet.

loricus likes this.
  12. Gus-its

Gus-its Member

Really good idea! It could be fun and useless to extend to other armies, I'll pay attention to this post.

13. WiseKensai

Warcor

Deltervees likes this.
  14. WiseKensai

Warcor

Bromad Academy Mission 002 is over! Thanks to all our respondents, and congratulations to our raffle winners, who got a new Prowler blister, generously donated by our LGS, Glimpses of Wonder and Warfare.

With a new month comes a new mission. To ensure we catch all three of our sectorials, this month's featured unit for the mission is the Corregidor Bandit.

Write us with some pics and thoughts on these dastardly highwaymen, and get entered into a raffle to win some cool stuff! Thanks for reading.

@loricus: As promised, here's your mention, since we're doing Corregidor stuff this month.

loricus likes this.
  15. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Yeah I can try it out in Vanilla. My first battle report video includes using the Bandit to inferior infiltrate past an exclusion zone as well.

WiseKensai likes this.
  16. WiseKensai

Warcor

17. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I have a video report will be posting soon.

WiseKensai likes this.
  18. WiseKensai

Warcor

Bromad Academy 003 is over! Here are the results: Mission 003 Report: It's Quiet. Too Quiet.

Thanks to everyone for writing in, and for @loricus and his crew for producing a video batrep and sharing it with us!

November is here, so here's another Bromad Academy Mission!

This one's about Limited Insertion. All you have to do is play some Limited Insertion games with any of the 5 Nomad factions (let's be honest, StarCo is basically a Nomad sectorial), and write in to report@bromadacademy.com to be entered into a drawing for some cool Infinity swag! No restrictions on your opponent.

So far we've awarded a tournament tray, some tokens, and some blisters in the first three months. Remember, you don't have to write a battle report! Just let us know how things went for you. We're partnering with Haqq High Command for this one, and we're more than happy to hear from anyone about their LI experiences.

Here are the details: Mission 004 - Limited Insertion, Maximum Entendre

PauloCavalcanti and loricus like this.
  19. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Can't believe it slipped my mind. @WiseKensai welcome to the world of being an organizer, where people seem to go to incredible lengths to complicate things.

Anyways here's the video:

Generally interesting game. I had a massive advantage for most of the game, but I hadn't properly analyzed the mission and didn't realise it was impossible to lose if you controlled the armory at the end. I should have focused on that more. I still would have won if that damn robot didn't make something like 6 saving rolls in a row right at the end.

20. WiseKensai

Warcor

November is almost over, but for our of you who have the time and inclination, please don't forget to write in to Bromad Academy this month! Email: report@bromadacademy.com

As a reminder, we're looking for your thoughts on Limited Insertion -- this is not limited to Bromads, in fact we're partnered with Haqq High Command for this one. No need for a full battle report, just some musings will get you entered into a raffle for some blisters and swag!

Here's the mid-month update, a bit late: Mission 004 Update - Tip of the Spear

PauloCavalcanti likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation