1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Dice Calculator

Discussion in 'News' started by toadchild, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Scribbler

Scribbler Well-Known Member

Is there an option anywhere on the dice calculator for supportware on remotes? I was trying to compare how a Black Friar and Peacemaker with Assisted Fire would go up against a fairly typical camo skirmisher, but I couldn't work out how to apply the MMS2 on the remote, so the results were probably slightly skewed.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

You're going to have to either construct a custom unit or hand-adjust the bonuses.

3. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

@Mahtamori has the right of it - I currently don't have built in supportware.

There is a way you can see the effects of marksmanship, though, using custom troops. If you select the REM you are interested in and then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the troopers list to the custom option, it will keep all of the existing attributes. A marksmanship drop down will then be visible as well, and you can select that.

I could probably add an option for marksmanship on every REM to make that easier, but I have not been putting a lot of time into the calculator lately.

4. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

I think you can just set a misc mod of +3 to attacker and count "Unconscious" result as "Dead" for 1W models without Shock immunity? Don't forget to check "cover" box nevertheless as the entire point here is to still count in relevant ARM bonus.
    Whatever is quicker for you.

toadchild likes this.
  5. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Raoul / Pistols seem borked:

Bare Handed (NBW B) vs Alg = 61.23%

Pistol (NBW B) vs Alg = 61.23%

EMCCW (NBW B) vs Alg = ERROR!

The reason Pistols are borked is that they're getting the +1 DAM from MA and NBW.

Morlock Barehanded (MA1) vs Alg = 54.81%

Morlock Pistol (MA1) vs Alg = 54.81%

From CC Special Skills:

A Pistol's DAM is based on it's profile not on the PH stat. So in the above examples Bare-handed should be DAM12 and Pistols DAM11.

This is important, because you're better off slapping people after you've EM'd them the first time rather than continuing to EM them or Pistoling them (due Crits).

toadchild likes this.
  6. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Thanks for the report! I'll check out both Raoul in particular and CC pistols in general.

7. Mahtamori

toadchild likes this.
  8. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

That seems likely. The N+E/M type of effects are very difficult to calculate and display coherently, since you're taking two different saves for two different effects.

In any case, I've got a 5-day weekend coming up due to the 4th of July being on a Wednesday, so I'll try to make some time for dice calc maintenance.

9. Mahtamori

Yu Jing Bao Troops.

One combination is missing and another combination is faulty.
    Faulty: Bao Troop (MSV2) - remove X-visor, remove Combi Rifle, remove Light Shotgun
    Missing: Bao Troop (MSV2 + X-visor) - contains MSV2, X-Visor, weapon list contains Combi Rifle, Light Shotgun, Pistol
    Or, you know, rename the faulty one and add another profile without X-visor that has the sniper, BSG and contender where the faulty one shouldn't have any of these.

10. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I'll have to dig into this a bit. These line item entries are automatically generated from the MayaNet unit data, not hand-edited. I have code in place to handle special skills on profiles, which is where the (MSV) and (X-Visor) annotations come from, but I clearly don't handle things correctly when there are multiple overlapping skill sets. The way I do things now, what I should have is:

• Bao Troops - BSG, Contender (corresponds to biometric-only loadout)
    • Bao Troops (MSV) - MULTI Sniper Rifle, Boarding Shotgun, Contender (corresponds to sniper, both other shotguns)
    • Bao Troops (X-Visor) - Combi, Light Shotgun (corresponds to the biometric combi)
    • Bao Troops (MSV, X-Visor) - Combi, Light Shotgun (corresponds to the MSV combi)

Mahtamori likes this.
  11. Mahtamori

A minor oddity; Ninjas (all factions) and Hardcases have Tactical Bow as a potential CC Weapon

12. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Thanks, I'll fix that up as well.

13. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I fixed a couple of bugs today:
    • Tactical Bow showing up as a CCW
    • Pistols getting Martial Arts DAM bonuses
    • Raoul's N+E/M2 CCW damage type causing errors
    That being said, N+E/M and N+E/M2 still don't produce entirely accurate results because I don't have a good way of rendering the chance of suffering both damage and E/M simultaneously. But at least you won't see angry red text any more.

There are still some outstanding issues, but I'm going to focus on doing unit data entry for Tunguska instead.

14. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I've updated the calculator with the new Tunguska profiles and the altered Raicho. Please let me know any errors or issues you encounter!

15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Well-Known Member

A minor thing, but the calculator doesn't seem to recognize Eclipse grenades - got an "Ammo type unknown" reply after "rolling the dice" just now. Not a big deal, since it's easy to create an identical Custom Unit tossing regular smoke grenades to see the numbers, but I thought you should know. Thanks for a really great app!

Teslarod and toadchild like this.
  16. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Thanks for letting me know, that should be an easy fix. I did a big reshuffle of how I handle ammo a while back and it seems a few items fell through the cracks.

Teslarod likes this.
  17. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Eclipse Grenades have been fixed. Turns out I sill had some references to Zero-V Smoke bouncing around in there that needed to be updated.

Icchan likes this.
  18. Yvain

Yvain Well-Known Member

Thanks for the app, its very useful.

I have two suggestions/requests for ease of use features. A button for autoflipping between the active and reactive units would be awesome. Also a dropdown menu for sectorials would be great as well.

Icchan likes this.
  19. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Glad you like it, and thanks for the comments!

As for switching active/reactive - the burst can be set to any value on either unit, so currently Full Auto is the only skill where which model is on which side matters. That being said, a swapper is probably not too hard, so I may add it at some point.

I may add dropdowns for sectorials; the way the data was when I started made that very inconvenient, but it may be a little easier to do now. I'll make a note of it on my to-do list.

20. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Just wanted to drop in to +1 a quick switch feature.

Also Toadchild, the dice calculator is amazing so thank you for all your work. We use it as a tool all the time to learn and teach newbies about the less intuitive probabilities of infinity.

So thanks again.

toadchild likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation