1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can pano be beaten? Yes, by almost everybody!

Discussion in 'OOC' started by Cabaray, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

You're being two-faced here. You said it was sold as it being *possible* for the players to affect the story, then admitted that no matter what the players did the story was going to be written how it was going to be written. That's hypocritical.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  2. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

Actually this is 100% marketing. A campaign like this is designed to make people more invested in the product and advertise it.

I'm not saying this makes it bad or anything.

Marketing differs from selling because (in the words of Harvard Business School's retired professor of marketing Theodore C. Levitt) "Selling concerns itself with the tricks and techniques of getting people to exchange their cash for your product. It is not concerned with the values that the exchange is all about. And it does not, as marketing invariable does, view the entire business process as consisting of a tightly integrated effort to discover, create, arouse and satisfy customer needs." In other words, marketing has less to do with getting customers to pay for your product as it does developing a demand for that product and fulfilling the customer's needs.

Read more: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/marketing.html

3. Sergej Faehrlich

Sergej Faehrlich Well-Known Member
    Warcor

OK...there is no point here. You are right...now I can leave and enjoy my time in peace.

#63 Sergej Faehrlich, Jul 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    A Mão Esquerda and theGricks like this.
  4. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

That is all fine and dandy, but you still choose to ignore the fact that players did get to dictate how some of the story went. Haqqislam was not painted in a way it's players didn't want to be portrayed, because we actually took the time to talk with the organizers and they listened.

Affecting the story and taking it in any direction are not the same thing. There is a Big Picture that a small group in an isolated conflict won't change, but they can, in small ways, change or reinforce the perception others have of their faction (including the developers).

In three campaigns we have written history. Our faction has a reputation of being well organized and tackle problems in the least confrontational way.

That was US during three campaigns, and the updates on this one reflect on that.

Perhaps if you had dedicated your efforts to organize your faction in a similar manner, you would see that, while they wont give you full control of the narrative, you do get a say in what goes on, not only with words, but with behavior too.

5. Hecaton

And other factions, like Yu Jing in the last two campaigns, were painted exactly how their players didn't want to be portrayed. If the portrayal was going to happen anyway, players didn't affect jack.

I doubt it.

Only because the structure of the campaign allowed you to do so in a way that other factions could not. Also, I have no reason to suspect that that actually plays out that way in the fluff; that is your perception, certainly. Yu Jing is in a situation of being cast as the incompetent bad guys in the fluff even though the players have no interest in being part of that kind of faction.

I'm not particularly down to "dedicate [my] efforts" when in Wotan I was informed that my account was going to be deleted because I had played a few games against *another* player who they didn't like.

Also, "organizing my faction" is generally something that comes down to online cliques and schoolyard politics, and faffing about with self-important RP.

They need to do away with "rating reports" mattering more than merely verifying legit or fake reports of fluff blurbs and call-outs. They also need to minimize the effects of the emergent social hierarchies; it mainly serves as a way to make people's ability to contribute to the campaign unequal.

6. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

That's new. Who told you that, when and how?

7. Hecaton

The BoW team back during Wotan.

8. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

That's quite the accusation, I hope you have some evidence to back it up?

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  9. Hecaton

Why is that an accusation? That's how they/you do things.

EDIT:Trying to find the exact message, having trouble loading up the Wotan site. Will try when I'm not on mobile.

#69 Hecaton, Jul 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  10. warzan

warzan Well-Known Member

Here You go @Hecaton I believe this is what you are searching for...

screencapture-infinitytheforums-forum-messenger-28817-2018-07-28-08_51_40.jpg

11. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Classifying that exchange as you being told your account will be deleted is extremely uncharitable at best. In fact, its just plain not true.

12. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

I think I remember that @Hecaton... Toys where thrown out of the pram when someone posted several reports at once, and your gaming buddy changed every report he had to a message insulting BoW, Corvus Belli and anyone who continued to play in the campaign, while echoing a sentiment that you had posted several times on the forums with quite a lot of vitriol...

I can't say from this side that I would have asked you to stop participating as well , but I do know that my patience is a helluva lot thinner than @warzan 's and I'd have told you to go away long before it got to that stage just based on your tone and attitude on the forum.

deep-green-x and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  13. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Perhaps, I'm a dreamer, but I believe Hecaton.
    There is a limited ammount of resources, what's understandable, to proof false reports. Cause of this, there may be innocent victims.

And for me, the "social" component is a problem too, what can be fun too, due to the special missions.

When you must have an Facebook account for participating in it, it's bullshit. That's neither a tool from CB nor from BOW.
    So I mostly play only games and report them.

14. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

I can't believe I'm doing this.
    First, judicially you are right.
    But when this would be happened to me, it would be the same as being banned from the campaign. When all me battle reports would be gone, and they had a narrative story too, why should I participate further more.

The hole story seems to be an emotional overreacting on different sides.

15. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

We try to provide a better experience with each campaign, it is a learning experience for all of us.

16. Hecaton

The literal quote is "we are preparing to remove your account as well and ask that you kindly take no further part in the campaigns." How is it not true? Did you read the exchange?

17. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

It deliberately ignores the entire rest of the post where they say "but we'd like to reach out to you to better understand the situation and not do that," which they then did based entirely on your personal word.

Uncharitable to the point of being simply incorrect, essentially. "It wasn't deleted, and they were really reasonable, and they reached out to me, and it was because the connected reports were extended rants about the campaign" would have been more accurate.

18. warzan

warzan Well-Known Member

and yet when you take the entire exchange in context with the fact that you were not removed, we left the door open for your friend who instead decided to create another account and post profanity and the team then worked on untangling all your reports from his and reinstating them...

well I don't know, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I look forward to a future campaign to read yours... all over again... again :)

19. Ten Thousand Arrows

Ten Thousand Arrows Imperial Sage

HAHAHAHAHA!! Yeah that's right, Yu Jing received new units in the Uprising. I am so glad we got those ISS CBL's.

SKOZZOKONZ and Hecaton like this.
  20. Hecaton

@Solar What I said is extremely accurate to what happened. My words were "I was informed my account was going to be deleted." Warren told me they were preparing to just that. Where am I being uncharitable?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation