1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Varuna speculation

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Wombat85, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Personally I'm perfectly willing to sacrifice BS 15 on most of our units - to begin with - to get some more interesting stuff.

2. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

in a game where its common for BS11/12/13 link teams and REMs to buff themselves to BS14/15/16, usually with added to hit modifiers, BS15 is severely overated on non-linkable troops.

Even a Grey can be buffed to outshoot a PanO guard/TAG

yojamesbo, Stiopa and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  3. Ghost_X

Ghost_X Well-Known Member

Sorry, related questions.

How do you guys view the Kamau as it is now? (sorry if I missed a discussion on this already)

Also, I watched a Beasts of War stat reveal for the Kamaus with Carlos for Ice Storm and at that time there was a 22 point fireteam Harris option shown...I assume we will see that come back for the sectorial.

Thanks!

4. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

Don't worry, eventually a non-iconic unit belonging to another army will get BS15 and a lot of lean extra abilities.

oh sorry that's the opposite of what you wanted

Until they can link they're trash. The 1 SWC HMG was already there and no one used it. The passable hacker was already there, albeit without the cost of mimetism which is useless against killer hackers. The one profile people used, the lgl/x-visor, is gone now. The MSV2 sniper already existed. It was called the Black Friar. oops I mean the Nisse. If the Haris remains, that'll be good along side a core team but until we see Kamau aren't a necessary unit.

eciu likes this.
  5. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Its short, Kamau adds nothing new to generic Pano. Most of Pano's sectorials have added little to the generic army. So generic Pano still plays the same way it has played since human sphere first came out. And that was a long time ago. Long enough for a lot of veteran Pano players to get frustrated by the stagnation. We don't dislike how Pano plays but gives us something outside the box already.

6. Ghost_X

Ghost_X Well-Known Member

Thank you both. I really like the idea of the Kamau...hopefully we get an interesting sectorial.

7. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Why is Kamau HMG trash? 28pts 1SWC BS13 Mimetism HMG, how is that trash?

8. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Like?
    There are "only" TAGs, Swiss, Aquila, GdA and single recreation.

9. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

It’s not. I use that sucker all the time as a backup gunner. Swiss goes down to a poorly timed crit? TAG on the wrong side of the board? That’s ok my 28 point gunfighter that’s better than most other factions’ top of the line troops will step up.

If you are looking at it in comparison to a Swiss then yes he’s garbotrash. But at 28/1 I cant argue with much.

chaos11, colbrook and barakiel like this.
  10. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

I would like to see more units with Martial Arts.

11. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Why? Outside of knights, CC isnt really our niche

12. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

I don't hate the Kamau. I like their new profile better than their old (except for maybe the hacker). as a back-up attack piece the HMG is pretty cheap and effective. I really like the idea of a Harris – I'm a huge fan of the idea of Varuna and very much looking forward to the sectorial.

13. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Because the Bulleteer exists, its cheaper and can be buffed.

Edit: I don't think its trash though. The Kamau just isn't adding much to Pano. Its one more unit focused on shooting in a faction full of units that focus exclusively on shooting.

14. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Yeah, calling Kamau "trash" is just one person's opinion, and not a universal one. I'll disagree with that point, as well as the idea that the Kamau doesn't bring anything new.

4-4, BS13 Mimetism HMG for 1 SWC is actually pretty distinctive. It's a big step up in capability over a Fusilier, far more mobile than our Medium Infantry gunners, and is nowhere near the cost of our Heavy Infantry gun platforms. So the Kamau sure feels a lot like some of our other 1-Wound HMG choices, but the 4-4 MOV and 1 SWC are pretty great. I like them for Vanilla, and they'll be great in Varuna.

15. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

<looks at MO>
    Nnnnnno!

How about units who can use their CC actively ?

16. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

But is Kamau not a "Buleeter with +6" range" ?

(I mean that obviously being a "bulleeter" cannot be an insult, but rather complement. On the other hand is it that revolutionary ? Within "optimal ranges" buffed Bulleteer might even have better odds.)

17. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Why not use both? Even ignoring cover, the Spitfire's effective range isn't very big. The Kamau HMG is quite a different unit.

Bulleteer is great, but has disadvantages too. Needs a Hacker for best performance, costs a Regular Order to get supportware, has a big base, can't go prone, is easily Hackable, etc.

eciu likes this.
  18. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

I mean even including knights cc isnt our niche.

Even when i max out on knights id often rather burst twon magister light shotguns than burst 1 cc, unless there is to or odd involved.

19. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

Go play Rescue or Power Pack and see your burst reduced to nothing due to saturation zone and maybe you'll consider that having good (though not excellent) CC troopers is something handy.
    Really, when you come from NCA, the knights are really nice for this. There is no cover in CC and no TO too. Pick your targets accuretly and chop them. It is really effective against Chasseurs since once in CC, their SSL1 will not be that useful and a knight is able to survive to the flamethrower. Even in Vanilla, I run often at least one knight (counting Joan as one) to be able to solve solutions by sword when shooting is useless.

But, to be honest, I don't think Varuna will have a CC thing except maybe Andromeda. I'm seeing the sectorial something in the jonction of the high-tech of NCA and the toolbox of ASA while being really different too.

20. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Please have some anecdotal proof: I had my Jotum burn down to a LFT. ARM3-4 is nothing.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation