1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

make Corregidor great again

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Masterblaster, Dec 28, 2017.

1. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I don't think any of us can make that distinction. Anyways I've been playing Corregidor since before N3 and I do better now than I ever have, against updated teams like Onyx and Hassassin.

I don't know how competitive or not Bakunin is but the internal balance is the worst in the game, even overtaking Military Orders IMO. Corregidor can spend another year being imperceptibly weak if it meant Bakunin didn't feel bad to play.

2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I'd say that Bakunin has more toys and more "fuck you" options than Corregidor, but Corregidor has more "I will fuck you good!" and "Not leaving the game yet" options and counters... Specially since, aside from the Moderators and Riot Grrrls, Corregidor has cheaper units and the best AD options in the game (so you can assume the order loss from having 2-3 AD troops, while Bakunin has only one AD troop, the remote)

3. Tom McTrouble

Tom McTrouble Well-Known Member

Are AD troops really that valuable though? I agree Corregidor has some really good AD units, but I would argue that an infiltrating camo marker has way more flexible deployment/movement options than an AD troop does. You can get your ADs in with smoke obviously but it's orders that aren't in your pool to start that you then might have to spend orders to make safe.

Just so I'm clear here, we are defining internal balance as a wide variety of viable units?

4. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Say Hi to my coordinated order of Hellcats. Or my 3 tomcats coming from the side, with flamethrowers and a bad attitude!
    The advantage is that those Tomcats are 20-ish troops that spawn by surprise on the face of the enemy, who cannot dismiss that chance. Plus most infiltrating units are FO, SO, KHD or AHD... only Haqquislam has an infiltrating medic, and no one can deploy an engineer by the side of a TAG like the Tomcats do!

Mind you, all this tricks are even more useful in generic, but Bakunin doesn't have them.

5. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Yes. Only comparable to Infiltration artifically, they're unrelated in gameplay.

Internal balance means the units are balanced with each other in the faction. They don't need a wide variety if what little they have is all used. For example Djanbazan and Zerat are below mediocre units, but the sectorials they are on consistently use them so they are balanced internally, making them useful even in a game with Nisse and Chasseur.

There are too many factors to consider to judge if a faction is balanced in the game as a whole.

6. Elric of Grans

Elric of Grans Well-Known Member

As I do not play them I could not judge the internal balance of Bakunin, but it does seem shaky. Corregidor, on the other hand, is pretty solid. There are a couple of profiles I never see myself using (Hellcat Lt on non-existent Zero-G tables), but every unit has a valuable role.

colbrook and loricus like this.
  7. LunarSol

LunarSol Well-Known Member

Ultimately though, if every option available to use is a B+, as good as that is, it puts you behind in an environment where everyone brings their A+ options.

That's not the issue I take with Corregidor though. They have A+ stuff and some stuff that's a little subpar. The issue I take is that the A+ stuff generally functions just as well in Vanilla, where I can also take the A+ stuff from Tunguska and Bakunin to support it.

8. Tom McTrouble

Tom McTrouble Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks for clarifying.

^ This 100%.

I guess my issue with AD is that if you can't cover it properly, a large amount of its effectiveness seems tied to: your AD rolls if you don't walk in, your ability to cover the deployment, and the availability of deployable space via terrain or enemy units covering it. I think I'm always going to prefer the "bird-in-the-hand" approach too much to think these are really optimal options. I like an ADing engineer as much as the next guy, but that playstyle preference is probably why I don't play Corregidor.

xagroth likes this.
  9. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I feel like Bakunin has loads of variation, flexibility and choice.

Do I want a Moderator team? Riot team? Moira team? Do I want a Haris? Do I want to take Taskmasters? Sin-Eater? Do I go super hack heavy? Do I take loads of Chimeras? Do I go REM heavy and buff them? Skirmish heavy with Zeros (admittedly, not really with Prowlers. Prowlers are the one Nomad that I just think kind of suck. I wish they were BS 13 so much).

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation