1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Single Combat group with Szalamandra

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by T. Rex Pushups, Jan 1, 2018.

1. T. Rex Pushups

T. Rex Pushups Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Szalamadra & Dirty Tricks
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] SZALAMANDRA Hyper-rapid Magnetic Cannon, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 90)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] SZALAMANDRA PILOT Contender / Pistol, Knife. ()
    [​IMG] ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] ZERO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] ZERO (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    [​IMG] JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] CLOCKMAKER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    [​IMG] MOBILE BRIGADA Lieutenant MULTI Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 39)
    [​IMG] INTRUDER HMG, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 42)
    [​IMG] INTERVENTOR Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Boarding Shotgun, 1 FastPanda / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 26)
    [​IMG] TOMCAT Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    [​IMG] ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

4.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I feel like I get a lot of the nice to haves when it comes to supporting a tag checked off in this list.

• I have and AD troop with a light flamerthrower and climbing plus as an added bonus it can push buttons.
    • I have a high quality engineer with a support bot to keep it from acting strangely if it gets possessed.
    • I have smoke & an intruder for handling visibility mods or doing classic intruder shenanigans.
    • I have a HI with a multi-rifle and another light flame thrower.
    • I have an infiltrating killer hacker to help hunt down enemy hackers.
    • I have an interverntor to rescuse the tag and cause trouble generally.
    • I have a minelayer to slow down the enemy approach on turn one.

But am I making a mistake by making the Mobile Brigada my LT? Should it be the Agluacil instead?

2. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

My first thought was speed but then I was like "oh yeah TAG".

I don't have much experience with Brigada Lt. but I think it is better in a list where you might need to use him. So probably higher order lists. I might swap to Intruder so you can fake out which one has the SWC gun and then be a little harder to get because of the Token state.

And then Tomcat should probably be an engineer unless you really want those Zeroes back.

3. T. Rex Pushups

Question about engineers and deactivator that will help with using the former doctor.

If I walk up to a Camo token that then tries to blow up can I declare deactivator to disable it on a 19 or do I have to try to dodge it?

4. T. Rex Pushups

I like the LT intruder suggestion.

My main resistance point to it is I own the brigada model already and I think it looks pretty. I like having a multi-rifle as tool for suppression fire and I have a nice bait model in the Alguacil as a fake out LT.

I guess I am hoping that come turn 3 or earlier if I get truly desperate I can use the LT order to do something useful.

5. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Deactivator only works if it is not going off and is already discovered. I don't know any situation where it is better than shooting your rifle. You can use your Zondcat to eat the mines though.

6. T. Rex Pushups

What is the reasoning for making the tomcat an engineer over doctor.

If I wasn’t already bringing a clockmaker with zondbot I would definitely be doing that. Is it the d-charges?

7. Nicklz

Nicklz Well-Known Member

He's suggesting the Tag and the zeros are the only thing up in the opponents half. So if you want to repair the tag more than revive the zeros bring an engineer as he will be close by the time you drop.
    The rest stays in the deployment zone anyway...
    Maybe daktari instead of clockmaker and tomcat engineer?

T. Rex Pushups and loricus like this.
  8. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Tomcat wouldn't be able to reach Intruder anyways and that's the main doctorable thing.

9. T. Rex Pushups

I’d much rather have the clockmaker trying to fix my tag. Without re-rolls that 13 is worryingly low compared to 15.

Main things I was thinking about doctoring were: HVT and the mobile brigada if it ended up moving forward.

loricus likes this.
  10. Stur

Stur Member

I would personally make the Interventor the LT instead of Brigada. Reason being if you lose the Brigada it will be devastating whereas the interventor rarely is in serious danger and it lets you push harder with the Brigada without fearing LoL. If the Interventor is in danger just Cybermask, and KHD are a thing and they are dangerous but thats where the insane BTS 9 comes into play :D

11. T. Rex Pushups

I would have to find a spare point to try that because the boarding shotgun Interventor can’t be an LT.

And I really don’t want to give up the fast panda because that is my only repeater.

12. Stur

Stur Member

Oh snap missed that, yeah I have checked it completely now and the only two options I like for this list would be downgrading minelayer to standard profile or dump the jaguar and get a morlock + warcor.

Neither option feel quite satisfactory though :(

13. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Well, in 8" - 16" a Clockmaker* deactivates a mine on an 18 without the need to pass or fail other rolls -> 90% chance to get it off the table whilst shooting only yields a ca. 53% - 76% chance to do the same. But I saw no one using the Deactivator so far, a Morlock, a Bot or else is just way more order effective than that :D

* I'm not sure but a 5 man linked Wildcat Engineer even might be able use the Deactivator with B2 and WIP 19 which would make it a 99.75% chance... Fireteam: Core is a Special Skill though

14. T. Rex Pushups

Good to keep in mind.

Not a bad way to turn off deployed repeaters or handle enemy crazy Koalas either.

15. T. Rex Pushups

I could turn the Alguacil into a transductor zond or the minesweeper baggage remote to free up 2 points and indulge with the interventor LT but that would mean spending another 25 dollars.

16. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

It's not that important.

T. Rex Pushups likes this.
  17. T. Rex Pushups

At least when it comes to decap my LT isn’t a total pushover.

loricus likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation