1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What can we expect from Vedic

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Wyrmnax, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

New skill. Bostria said it allows the trooper to use the Lt order (even though it is not Lt itself).

2. sorniak

sorniak Well-Known Member

Sooo...you clear one mine, get wound...but what if there is more then one mine? A very strange Dart - great vs HI and any tag - thanks to e\m grenades and she start close to threat thanks to infiltration....But against ariadna...vs chasseurs in mid field...strange profile. I like CB not doing overpowered profiles (khe-ke-ke-krizi) though... She would shine in Steel Phalanx (as they have no mid-field presence). In general aleph I'd rather take daysu\naga...

3. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

Depends who I'm facing - but against Ariadna i'll happily take a 2 wound MSV 1 troop with camo and SMGs in the midfield xD

4. Nemo No Name

Exactly. Or vanilla Nomads. And in general she can hit quite hard.

As for mine clearing, you are effective ARM3 2W against the mines. Hence, good at clearing them.

And yeah, she's no Chasseur but with MSV1 and SMG good for clearing the skirmishers. Dasyu and Naga are for doing objectives and light bumpers. Dart is for clearing midfield skirmishers and due to E/M Grenades also good against midfield links and HI.

5. sorniak

sorniak Well-Known Member

And take flamer into a face? :) i gues she can lock nicely some corridors with suppresive vs ariadna though...

But again - her +3 range band are on weapons within 8" is kind of ...situational and terrain depended. Shooting with bow is ...meh...i saw how ninja tried through 4 orders kill someone with his bow...with one die...constatly loosing face to face.

#605 sorniak, Jul 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  6. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Well-Known Member

Shukra is easily going to be the auto include in all my Vanilla lists. It has everything i would ever want in my ALEPH lists and on a single profile, counter intelligence, chain of command, Bio visor for only 25points and on a really good looking model to bot!

Considering its only 4points more then a Kempeitai this guy is a steal.

Myrm officer, you have been replaced in vanilla..

7. Renfri

Renfri Well-Known Member

I am quite divided on the shukras. 25pts CoC is always good, the profile is alright, but the absence of Dogged or NWI limits the mileage you get out of it.

Sure you have a biometric visor to take out potention impersonnators, but are you going to risk either your Lt or your CoC backup doing that ? if he was AVA 2 sure, but AVA 1 I think I'm going to bait the impersonator with something else.

To me, he is going to be the most usefull in Vanilla with Achilles lieutenant, so you can save 1 SWC not taking the CoC Myrmidon officer.

#607 Renfri, Jul 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    AdmiralJCJF, Abrilete and DukeofEarl like this.
  8. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

If you can take a Danava and a Yuda in a Dakini team, a HMG, MSR, rifle, Danava HD+ and Yuda LT with Bears is 116pts... That's mean. Really mean.

Abrilete, Shoitaan and jherazob like this.
  9. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

What you mean it beautiful... absolutely beautiful ;)

jherazob likes this.
  10. Nemo No Name

Shukra CoC combos nicely with Asura HD+ Lt or Marut.

jherazob likes this.
  11. ThananRollice

ThananRollice Your Friendly Neighborhood Locust
    Warcor

A meme, for your viewing pleasure[​IMG]

Zewrath, Splod, McNamara and 8 others like this.
  12. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Same here. Economizing 10 points and 1 SWC on my chain of command will allow plenty of stuff (transforming a naga in dasyu, taking more heavy weapon...maybe taking the mk2 sniper instead of the hacker)

DukeofEarl likes this.
  13. Bobblehead

And to pull that Danavas to group 2 in you 12 - 13 order lists thanks to the counter intelligence

14. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

Rather happy with the profiles. The yadus look solid, the shukras are rather cheap to Aleph's standards. I think Dart will be fun to play too

Nemo No Name likes this.
  15. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

That is exactly how not to use a bow.

Silent. If you use this weapon or piece of Equipment to make an Attack while outside the target's LoF, that target cannot react by Changing Facing or apply the Warning! rule unless he survives the Attack (that is, isn't in a Null state after the Attack is resolved).
    • Additionally, enemies without LoF in whose Zone of Control the Attack took place or was declared cannot declare AROs or apply the Warning! rule unless the target survives the Attack. This means that these enemies must delay their ARO declaration until after the Attack is resolved.

Nemo No Name, jherazob and Keyrott like this.
  16. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Given that the Yadu and Dart are NWI with shock immunity, what do we think about the likelihood of Asura getting Shock or Bio Immunity to flesh out the profile a bit more?

jherazob likes this.
  17. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Tactical Bows are for use from behind, in ARO or as part of Coordinated Orders. They're not for winning standard FtF Rolls.

18. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

I was taking another close look at the new Asura sculpt. She looks small on her base. I hope the model is every much the shorty the old models are. I like my short stack HI

jherazob likes this.
  19. Arlic

Arlic Active Member

What does counterintelligence do? Cant find it in Wiki...

20. Bobblehead

jherazob, Arlic and colbrook like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation