1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tao Wu - Confusion

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Gallah, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Gallah

Gallah New Member

Hello Everybody,

I have a question about Tao Wu's Card "Confusion".
    Makes this Card possible that I swap the initiative card from an not yet aktivated character with an earlier activated character?
    What happens to these characters, ca the earlier activated character activate for a second time and is the other activation cancelled?
    For Example: I play the card in Turn 3 of a Round and Change my opponents initiative card. I take the initiative card for turn 4 and change it with the initiave card for turn 1.
    Can the new turn 4 character be activatet for a second time?

Thank you for your help and please excuse my bad english.

Greetings
    Gallah

2. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

There are no restriction on the card...

The card is played during the activation step of one of YOUR character, so the enemy Card 1 is already flipped (this is the first occasion you can play it during a turn).

I think that you can prevent the Card4 Character to be ever activated during a turn by swapping his card with an already activated Card.
    If this means that the "new Card4 Character" will be activated a second time, i have absolutely no way to guess...

It depends if the swapped card retain their status of flipped/covered or not...
    Only @-V- can tell us that...

3. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

It works the same way as Code: <Audible> from Hannibal. You may do an Enemy Character activates twice in a Round, but there'll be one Enemy Character who won't. Or you can switch Initiative Cards between two Enemies which one of them is in the Infirmary (making your opponent lose two Activations). And that can be the whole game.

:wink:

rag1n and Croepoek like this.
  4. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

FFS i didn't think of it! Ok, now panic...

5. Murt4ir

Murt4ir New Member

To succeed at making your opponent lose 2 activations by swapping one enemy who is in the infirmary, you must first guess succesfully his initiative card, am I right ?

6. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

Not really.

First Turn - My Mushashi vs your Laxmee, Mushashi goes first and send Laxmee to the infirmary (your Laxmee doesn't Activate)
    Second turn - My Taowu vs your 8-Ball, My Taowu goes first use Confusion and swap your 8-Ball and Laxmee initiative cards (your 8-Ball doesn't Activate becouse now Laxmee is in that spot but as she is in the Infirmary she doesn't Activate either)

Your opponent will hate you and Taowu.

-V- likes this.
  7. Murt4ir

Murt4ir New Member

Ouch, painful indeed.
    Thanks !

8. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Taowu is not the best Char to make new friends playing Aristeia!...

Ealthril, rag1n and volgo like this.
  9. Gallah

Gallah New Member

Thank you for your Replies.

Tao Wu is really an annoying character if he in the opponents team.

10. Ghost_from_warp

Ghost_from_warp Classified

So, can you swap enemy character in the same activation with you? It will cause another character to be activated instead?

11. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

As Hannibal does with Allies you can swap Enemies' Initiative order, so you can make an Enemy activates twice (but if they are in the Infirmary is a win-win).

12. Ghost_from_warp

Ghost_from_warp Classified

but hanibal cant swap active character, can Taowu swap character that going to be active in the same activation step as Taowu?

rag1n likes this.
  13. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Of course. Not only during Taowu's Activation. Confusion may be played during the Actions Step of one of your Character's Activation.

:wink:

14. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

And how does it work?
    I activate my Character and spend some/all of his Action Points.
    I still am in the "During the Action Step" timeline and play Confusion and swap a new Character as now active.
    How many Action Point does this new Character can spend now?

15. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

You play Confusion to swap Initiative Cards from two Enemies, not yours, so there's no issue with Action Points.

16. Kaloupilé

Kaloupilé Member

I'm still confused with your example.
    The rules about the turn phases say :

"STEP 1: INITIATIVE
    Both players reveal the leftmost Initiative card in their Running Orders, and compare their values. The player that controls the Character with the highest yInitiative, or the Underdog if both Characters are tied, decides which of those Characters activates first.

STEP 2: ACTIVATIONS
    In the order determined during the Initiative step, both Characters activate in turn."

When it say :
    "The player that controls the Characther with the highest Initiative, decides which of those Characters activates first"
    and then :
    "In the order determined during the Initiative step, both Characters activate in turn."

With this in mind, what i understand with your example is that 8-Ball will be activated even if Taowu swaped 8-Ball and Laxmee initiative cards, Because the Characthers who will be activated during the Turn 2 are already determined during the initiative's comparison.

Am i right ?

PS: But even if i'm right, you can swap the initiative Laxmee card with the third initiative card of your opponent (like this he will lose 2 activations)

17. JAGS

JAGS Member

I understand it the same way. So I only use it with different turn initiative cards. The most useful way to use it, is to swap the initiative card from a character on the infirmary with another one not actived yet. Of course you can swap 8 Ball initiative card but he'll still get his actual turn, it'll just change for the other initiative card character and you'll be messing with just one activation of your enemy.

18. Damiel

Damiel Domaru sexytorizado :3
    Warcor

:3

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation