1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minotaurs Out-Of-Character Thread

Discussion in 'RPG' started by stevenart74, May 13, 2018.

1. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Native Brazilian (yeah, as in from the mostly massacred indigenous population) with a dash of European (I think Portuguese, but might be Spanish) means I already look sun tanned naturally. Plus, it's winter down here so all you white folks can suck it :p

That being said, winter in Brazil is like summer in England, so yeah, I still get 28 C most days

stevenart74, inane.imp and Golem2God like this.
  2. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I'm fine actually. I like the summer better than winter.

stevenart74 likes this.
  3. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

O.K. Things still very hectic and bad on the R.W. Issues side, but starting to cope now. . .

Will put there a VERY ROUGH Tactical Map of the Airport Battlefield, where the Players could choose some primary tactical positioning and defence patterns. . .

A far more detailed reworked sample will be put in the Main Game I.C. thread when I will be able to. . .

This SHOULD be able to let You elaborate some more Questions that I will answer about the P.C. and N.P.C. placement. . .

[​IMG]

inane.imp and Golem2God like this.
  4. stevenart74

Some more Rough Sketched Maps of the Battle Zone; hopefully will let anyone consider even better their tactical positioning. . .

[​IMG]

5. stevenart74

Very, very rough descriptive action of the Nomad Shuttle approaching the landing strip. . .

[​IMG]

6. stevenart74

The General image of New Knossos Island with the Detailed placement where the battle take place. . .

The larger image was in the recruitement thread. . .

It is ALL far rougher than I wanted to do, but R.W. is REALLY kicking Me in the nuts and so I cannot do more than Half-assed roughs from not-optimized tablets. . .

Hopefully the upcoming week will help Me better stuff. . .

[​IMG]

7. Golem2God

That must be hard. At least you are still going and the light at the end of the tunnel is a good motivator.

stevenart74 and inane.imp like this.
  8. Beodren

Beodren Well-Known Member

That is a lot of good high ground positions to take, especially along secondary hangar. That is very good to know. I take termina should have some good angles too.

stevenart74 and Golem2God like this.
  9. stevenart74

O.K. still swamped by lot's a R.W. Problems but should be able to draw for tonight a more detailed Tactical Map with Directional Vectors and Height / Lenght Firing Ranges. . .

Will also try to draw a "Rough Placement Map" that should NOT be considered Final, but rather an "Ideal Suggestion" where the Players Characters will be able to decide their "Perfect Placements" based on the positioning of Friends & Foes. . .

Would also try to sketch what the P.C. would understand of the Enemies APPARENT characteristics, based on what their experience and the Com-Log / Sensors Analysis will give them (based on Battle Experience and Technical Libraries). . .

Remember that You are not facing ONLY the Drones but ALSO the "Long Ranged Faraway" control of A.I. Svengali of its "Chess Pawns" even if SERIOUSLY impaired by a very LONG distance and acting by "Virtual Proxy" of its Operatives in the Dawn Solar System. . .

Assume also that similar Assaults are taking places in OTHER places of New Knossos Island, but that the Airport seems to be the "Nexus" of this APPARENTLY haphazards, improvisational and not-so-sound Enemy Offensive. . .

Will also try to accomodate whatever Tactical Decisions Players and Characters will decide, based on the yet extant texts and results. . .

Golem2God and inane.imp like this.
  10. stevenart74

Finally solving some issues with Finance and Banking that plagued last days, and so be able to tackle (and solve) other problems in rapid sequence. . .

Finishing preparing some Tactical Maps of the ensuing Battle-Lines with Infos for each of the Player Characters that will SUGGEST the best possible placements of each one in the upcoming struggle (but will be able to be changed by the P.C. as they see fit). . .

Will be able to post them as soon as they are ready. . . . .!!!

Golem2God and inane.imp like this.
  11. stevenart74

12. stevenart74

Still some issues to be solved, after I organized Yesterday a Dinner with potential Work Partners and "Job Networ Contacts" that endured till the late night. . .

Had not EVEN the time to sketch down a portable Tablet, as the Day was filled with a lot of complications, but AT LEAST was able to scratch down some Ideas on a Paper Sheet later scaanned down in a very roughshod manner. . .

This is JUST a rough CANVAS IDEA of how the Tactical Stuff could develop during 6 Rounds, to give the Players a very basic reference about the developement of the Actions of Non-Player Characters IF they are left to their own devices. . .

The SUGGESTED Actions for P.C. are JUST Suggestions; the Players could take them or NOT, based on how they want to face the issue. . .

As some of the Players are involved with the Kraguri B.O.W. Campaign or other issues then I planned to have a ROUGH "Serie of Action" if they are somehow forced to be on Autopilot. . .

You could consider these 6 Rounds description as "Predictive Strategical Algorythms" extrapolated by their Geists and Com-Logs and based on Past Offensives by Svengali Drones and reported "Action Patterns" by its Agents, insofar the Minotaurs Intelligence knows of. . .

The Succession of Actions COULD (and I daresay SHOULD) be influenced heavily by the Players decisions and then by the N.P.C. Reactions to them. . .

Will follow later (as soon as I can) with more detailed "Single Round" kind of larger, more detailed and precise "Tactical Mapping" along with Relevant Stats for the available Wargear of Players, Allies and Enemies. . .

In the meantime feel free to ask all Relevant Questions based on the possible Actions of anyone. . .

. . . . .

For the purposes of "Initiative" let's assume that the Enemy N.P.C. will act ALWAYS LAST, after the P.C. have acted and EITHER directly commandereed Allied N.P.C. OR let them act on their own. . .

Who first write down a suggested answer will ACT FIRST:

@Golem2God ?

@inane.imp ?

@Beodren ?

@Danger Rose ?

@DaRedOne ?

@Yasashii Fuyu ?

13. Golem2God

@stevenart74 I'm good to go steve. Just waiting on the actions of a few to get the ball rolling. If things go well then Uja can sit back and watch the U.F.O. crash & burn without having to pull the trigger. Hope that any other attacks from the sides or otherwise fail miserably as well. Plus I don't think Uja or me are confidant to try and hit the target just yet.

stevenart74 likes this.
  14. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Tony's in a spot where he doesn't have enough information to make a sane play. Last appearances were that we doing OK in the air and we still don't know what's going on on the ground.

Golem2God and stevenart74 like this.
  15. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

Dreanna is all set up to start hurling grenades in the direction of the Drones. How effective will that be, wil be up to the Dice and the DM :)

stevenart74 likes this.
  16. Beodren

@stevenart74

Alright I analyzed the sketches and my personal suggestions would involve following:
    1)Moving the biker gang towards the secondary hangar, and placing them on a rooftop there. I am sure they will be happily engaging on Shorter ranges during the first few turns of combat, while having height advantage. Also a ton of covering fire can be provided.
    2)Deploying only snipers on the Terminal, as they will be best equipped to handle the issue of both flying drones, and covering retreat of the bikers from secondary hangar once ship lands.
    3)SAS to retreat while laying explosives, delaying the enemies, moving towards forklifters where ground part of team would await the enemies.
    Flying part of the team seems to be doing fine, and upon landing should be able to group up with Squad next to the Forklifts.
    Alistair may or may not lead the fight on the very frontlines along with bikers, likely with Uja support.
    I agree with Jeeps moving in after the landing, but I would use forlkifts to make barricade on the side of the airfield, and use vehicles to cover dropship after landing. It will grant us more cover, and if we manage to hold on secondary hangar for long enough, enemies will end up in nasty crossfire.

stevenart74 likes this.
  17. inane.imp

Can I highly recommend adding 'telling us we're going to be seeing combat on the ground' in there somewhere please. It *might* change how we act ;)

stevenart74 likes this.
  18. Beodren

@inane.imp

that will be done. Thought it seems you are already airdropping TAGs Titanfall style.

stevenart74 likes this.
  19. inane.imp

Only the insane amongst us. Tony is still firmly of the belief that it's safer being inside the thing designed to be going faster than the speed of sound rather than outside of it (while going faster than the speed of sound).

stevenart74 and Golem2God like this.
  20. stevenart74

O.K. Thanks anyone who contributed to the suggestions about how to proceed. . .

Will take heed of what any Player asked, rather than going by Autopilot, and modify the Final Tactical Map accordingly. . .

Now will address the Question of anyone, trying to give a satisfactory answer at the best of My possibilities:

@Golem2God

Your character will be able to react without too much of an hassle, although the Dogwarrior Lieutenant asked to help You at His side. . .

Anyway I will consider that Your Character is able to be "Reactively Offensive+ Defensive" (technically a sort of "Overwatch" to curb any Enemy Action as soon as possible) based on Extant Skills and Personal Preferences. . .

@inane.imp

I'm sure that I declared that ALL the Player Characters are, from some Turn, totally ALL connected by an Encrypted Squad Tactical Network with Secure Comms between their Com-Logs, but could have not stressed it enough. . .

You can assume also that some Communications between Player Characters had happened RETROACTIVELY, such as when High Command let EVERYONE know that "Battle Zone Overseeing" is resting on the shoulder of Lieutenant Alistair as Commander and Master Sergeant Uja as Vice-Commander (technically at the Airport Battle-Zone there are NOT other Superior Rankings, and ANY Player is AT LEAST of Master Sergeant comparable rank, but obviously the Biker Gangers are a little "Outside" normal rank'n'file organization of the Minotaurs Mercenary). . .

Tony is enough skilled to know when any Player's T.A.G. could safely deploy at the maximum peak of efficiency (WITHOUT Risks even by Low Altitude Jumps from the Shuttle); also a Veteran of its kind knows that Svengali Attack make NOT MUCH sense from a Tactical Standpoint. . . . .The Rogue A.I. is either desperate, acting weirdly or planning some hidden trick. . .

Your Gecko, when deployed, will have fully functional L.M.G. + Riot Grenade Laumchers on BOTH arms, with a Ordnance Payload that You could choose between Antipersonnel Dum-Dum (Good against the flying Drones), Armor Piercing (perfect against the heavier "Crab Tanks") or Basic Standard (without Perks / Flaws, but good for everything). . .

@Danger Rose

You could lob Grenades (or other kind of Fire-Based Ammo) in any manner that You feel free; let's assume that Your "Balrog" T.A.G. is safely assembled (5+ Engineer Drones in the Shuttle Cargo Bay help a lot, especially with "Modular Frames" like Geckos) and deployed
    as You see fit on the "Table". . .

Let's Assume that "Balrog" has limited, but fully functional T.O. Camo Capabilities, a Close Ranged Weapn on the Right Forearm (let's say an Enlarged "Vulkan Shotgun"), a Longer Ranged one on the Left (some sort of Precision Grenade Launcher perhaps) and, mounted on the Back some sort of "Fire-Rockets Pod" comparable to the ones mounted on Traktor Muls, but of smaller Ordnance Caliber than either Katyusha or Huragan models, and so with more "Shots". . .

Should You prefer some different "Payload" feel free to assume it (the same for the other Players Piloting T.A.G.s). . .

@Beodren

Your "Tactical Assessment" is sound and perfectly able to be carried on by the various N.P.C. that will follow the orders of the "Field Commander" at the best of their skill. . .

As You underlined the more Complex, but Tactically Proficient, kind of battle plan, then I will modify accordingly the Outcome of the "Proposed Hypothethical Battle Plan". . .

Also Your Character will be in Com-Log Link with ANY of the P.C. and also ROUGHLY aware of their Capabilities, Skillset and available Wargear. . .

@DaRedOne

If You don't ask for different inputs I will ASSUME Your Character will be in Contact with Uja the Morat and Alistair the Dogwarrior and follow their lead, but feel free to interject in any manner. . .

If the Payload of Your “Heavy Cyborg Frame” (Shoulder Mounted A.P. Machinegun, Multiple Panzerfaust Pods and Reinforced Armour Plating) is not good for You, You can assume that in the meantime of the Landing and ANY N.P.C. (either Friend or Foe) taking “Final Positioning” You could have Your “Support Team” effectuate REASONABLE changes. . .

@Yasashii Fuyu

I followed Your last lead that You wanted to have Miyu kind of “Superheavy Melee Exoframe” jump directly into Melee at the quickest happenstance (hence the Tether-Wire assisted kind of “Banzai – Geronimo” Jump, considered “Heretic Suicidal Act” by Tony the Mechanic) but You are free to change this Tactics if You like something else different. . .

Assume that Your T.A.G. will have a Two Handed Teseum Polearm, Multiple Grenade Launchers mounted in the Chassis (with Variable Payload good for Offence, Defence and Support) and the “Defensive Holo Cloud” able to scramble incoming Ranged Fire from the Enemy. . .

. . . . .

I will plan accordingly and TRY MY BEST to Post the First Outcome for this Evening, but EVERYONE is welcome to change Plans on the fly after consulting with the other Players. . . . .!!!

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation