1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Painting ITS objective set

Discussion in 'Customeeple' started by The_Evergrey_One, Jul 12, 2018.

1. The_Evergrey_One

The_Evergrey_One Well-Known Member

I just got the ITS objective set and as this is my first MDF purchase I was wondering if there is anything special I need to do when painting? Normally I would just prime them with my GW-spray and then start painting but I have heard talks about mdf drinking paint and getting warped. Is that something I should look out for and if so, what can I do to prevent it?

2. DrunkCorsair

DrunkCorsair Well-Known Member

The paint drinking can be a problem but warping mostly matters for big scenery parts in my experience. But you could do 2 things to prevent the paint drinking either give the mdf a coat of shellac or thinned wood glue before priming.

3. The_Evergrey_One

The_Evergrey_One Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'll try that.

4. Myomer

Myomer Tyrannosaur in an F-14
    Warcor

A bit late to the party here, but Iuse spray enamel for priming mdf, specifically the $1 cans of flat black available from Home Depot (if you’re in the U.S.).

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Quick-C...eral-Purpose-Aerosol-Paint-J2853812/100115071

This worked great for base coating my 2016 ITS objectives from Customeeple.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation