1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you like to see in a new CA sectorial?

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by timmy, May 30, 2018.

1. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Sygmaa, Ur and maybe 1-2 new species. The Urkherit were a nice addition.

2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

The campaign rules I've been writing lately specify that NA2 players allied with the CA are Sepsitorized (and Tohaa allied with CA are Sygmaa), it's just a "all sectorials are present, but the players see a limited amount of things per Campaign turn"... Specially in the "detailed alliance" rules (downside: book-keeping), where those alliances can change between rounds (and players chose one main faction, with NA2 counting as one, "paying" each round if they want to use a Sectorial, instead of the Paradiso rules that widen the gap between players that win and players that dont).

3. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

Sygmaa, because CB wants me to fly Spain and glare angrily through their windows for giving someone else a Tohaa sectorial before Tohaa got one.

TheEmptyRoad likes this.
  4. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Shasvastii :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

On a serious note, EI sectorial.

5. derbrizon

derbrizon Well-Known Member

EI. I want "the main fleet army" type thing that's got charontids towing around unidron and such. Literally nothing but yellow/black icon EI troops.

TheEmptyRoad and Hecaton like this.
  6. Scribbler

Scribbler Well-Known Member

That definitely would be cool, but don’t the Morats already fill that role in the fluff? Or are they the EI’s shock troops?

7. derbrizon

derbrizon Well-Known Member

I don't think it matters if the role is technically filled. Does it? The game is big and charontids is not kornak. It'd be fun, which is, like... The main reason, right? Lol surely the EI has some EI fleet of drone army whatwhats that does stuff. Maybe keeps the other species in check.

Scribbler likes this.
  8. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I guess the question then is, why do you play Vanilla CA? Is it the troop diversity, or is it to play aspects? If the vast majority of people choose the former, then I think there is an argument for an EI sectorial. However, if it's the latter, then an EI sectorial would take away the primary reason to play VCA.

In addition, I have a feeling that if you asked a bunch of people what an EI sectorial would look like, they would come up with something that was basically Onyx, but with aspects... and that's a problem as well.

Edit: For what it's worth, I'd also like to see Sygmaa fleshed out a lot more and turned into a sectorial eventually. That, I think, they could do some very interesting stuff with.

#28 Sabin76, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    Hecaton and Ginrei like this.
  9. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

@Sabin76 I wish we had an Exrah LI unit to sub for Unidrons in Onyx so the EI sectorial could have batroid infantry.

10. Sabin76

Well, apparently you, me, and maybe 3 other people would actually buy the Exrah, so...

11. Scribbler

Scribbler Well-Known Member

I'd buy Exrah if they were available to any army that I play.

12. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

I'd buy any new CA miniatures if they were awesome looking and didn't have terrible fluff. It doesn't really matter if they're a new sectorial or not. So you can add me to that list.

The only thing I think I know about the Exrah is they had an ugly AD bug TAG at one time. If CB wants to bring them back with a fresh coat of paint, i'll bite.

13. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Yeah, people mostly liked them for their crazy good AD3 TAG and their crazy broken profiles. Beyond a couple of nasty tricks relating to superjump they weren't actually that good. Theyd need a major hard refresh in both concept and design (ie. models that dont destroy silicon).

But, if CB do that? Hell yeah I want. I love my old exrah.

14. Sabin76

I meant that as somewhat tongue-in-cheek. Recall, of course, CB's excuse for getting rid of them was that the models weren't selling...

15. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

6-2 mov on an Arm 2 or 3, Bs12, MSV2, Mimetism, Superjumping HMG for points in the mid to high 30s... That's still a solid profile :P

Per the thread - like I always say. I a sepsitorised human force. I'm even thinking it should come with a new EI aspect that is, thematically speaking, a deep insertion, covert construct (with said Sepsitor). The idea being it gets dropped off into populated areas and just builds it's own coven of troops.

Make the construct the sole Lt option with a few profile options.
    Give it Imetrons (they get dropped down from orbit anyway).
    Give it *maybe* a few Shasvastii infiltrator options.
    Flesh out the list with humans with similar/identical profiles to generic troops in other army lists.

Basically, have the only actual *alien* stuff the core Construct and some infiltration/AD troops, and the rest are the dudes what got brainwashed along the way.

16. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Can see that being a CBL, for sure. I think those crazy off the wall niche list ideas are the domain of CBLs. :)

17. HardDisk

HardDisk Well-Known Member

Agreed, i would play CA vanilla only for Aspects and Onyx would be a nice sectorial for one or two aspects... especially with all those minemonica troops...

18. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

Nah - for an proper EI sectorial... Nothing but EI aspects, Autotool and Rem Pres. With Dr Worm - because he has no racial allegiance - and maybe a smattering of additional units made to fit that same bill. The only race that should exist in an EI sectorial is an Ur Hegemony OR Ko Dali/Bit&Kiss.

TheEmptyRoad likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation