1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Novvy Cimmeria Convention #IPLAYFAIR

Discussion in 'OOC' started by AdmiralJCJF, Jun 22, 2018.

1. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

@Luisjoey blue on blue was ignored for faction points last time, they only count for personal achievement. If anything they actually hurt the faction that posts them, because they show up as 3 points that disappear in the final tally.

Hecaton likes this.
  2. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

'eh, it's not actually clear that there was any filter done for Wotan.

There certainly was for Flamestrike.

But we know for certain that there will be this time.

Hecaton and Luisjoey like this.
  3. cazboab

There absolutely was filtering in Wotan, or else Aleph would have scored big when those dozen reports were dropped at once. The results video went through each theatre and explained the difference that it made, which wasn't as much as in Flamestrike because the ignored reports were spread out pretty evenly.

They also didn't make a big deal of who had the most ignored reports because it upset people in Flamestrike to hear their faction pretty much called liars and cheats, plus a couple of well documented incidents from individuals probably skewed the results.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  4. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

While the discussion here is civil, thankfully, these things can only lead to personal attacks, in the future please contact PM me or @Koni if you feel there is something wrong.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  5. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I'm not sure what part of the conversation this is directed at.

Just want to be super clear.

Hecaton likes this.
  6. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I think your positing a situation in which gaming the system is bad... in the actual game of Infinity, gaming the system is what you do, doing things like tossing smoke in front of your MSV guys to shoot at people with an advantage, and so on. You want a system for the campaign so that everything you're allowed to do fits under "being competitive."

Security through obscurity is always crap. Like the current situation with super-jump and shooting people from in front of them in their "rear arc." Most people don't know you can do it, so when you spring it on people in a game you just feel like a shithead, but it isn't spelled out explicitly in the rules, it's a result of implications.

The reaction should be "Group A games the system - that hole is then plugged. Group A continues to game the system, but the advantages they reach are within acceptable tolerances, so you publicize their methods and everyone plays on even footing."

Not doing that implies that the people involved want everyone to just be "sportsmanlike" and they want the ability to punish people for "gaming the system" subjectively based on how well they're connected in the community. The rules should be defined and explicit, otherwise the punishments will be de facto based on how much the team running it likes you.

cazboab likes this.
  7. cazboab

@Hecaton at some point you have to put trust in the impartiality of the referee. I get your point, but it's the same point that hasn't gotten any traction in the past 2 years. I'm not entirely convinced that you're wrong, but I am convinced that the organisers aren't changing the way that works, so we can make the best of what we can get...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation