1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone use HMG or Sniper Fusiliers? & How do Acont Regulars work?

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Golem2God, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I don't think I've seen competitive or many non-competitive Vanilla or NCA lists that use Fusiliers with those loadouts. Most Fusilier links have a Missile Launcher as the heavy weapon choice for the link with normal, Paramedic, FO's & a Hacker taking up the rest. Makes you wonder what people do with the two lady Fusiliers that come with the SWC box and leads me to my above question. Does anyone use these two models and their loadouts or are they models for conversion fodder?

Also the second part of my question is how do you use the Acontecimento Regulars both in Vanilla & in the sectorial? Do you think they are worth in taking as a link-team? What loadouts if any do you think shine? I find the SWC tax on some loadouts to be constraining in using them especially when strapped for SWC. Aren't other links like the Bagh-Mari better to use when you have the points to field them?

Please comment below and thank you for participating in this conversation.

#1 Golem2God, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  2. TanakoSkyler22

TanakoSkyler22 Varunan Diplomat

Sometimes I do, just because a cheap but aggressive link team at BS15 is pretty good. That and it is a good way to transport your FO and hacker Fusiliers in NCA. It can be fun and work quite well, but you do have better options in terms of the offensive. As for Fusilier sniper...ehh, no. Just because I think Multi Sniper is overcosted on SWC if it does not have a marker state or MSV of some sort.

As for regulars, they are good to take in vanilla to get cheap minelayers on the board to protect your back line. They also have the bonus of having sensor as well! As for link team in Acon, very much yes. I go more as a defensive link team, and think it is one of the exception to the rules I have regarding Multi-Snipers on something without Marker state or MSV. Granted I have ran Acon twice so far, but both times a linked Regular MSR in foxhole is a bitch to deal with. The more aggressive one with spitfire can be good to have with a hacker as well and have a link team who can drop a FastPanda for Scylla or other hackers in Acon to us, but have yet to try this yet.

That said, pls remove the .5 swc cost off the FO. :(

Zsolt and Golem2God like this.
  3. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

I don’t like the MSR, because 1.5 SWC is a lot for it. On the HMG, B5 is always good, on a 5man link team with BS15 it may actually accomplish something. The good thing with ML is that with template you can reach multiple troops especially against less experienced people (ok, that’s not the aim anywhere, but at least they’ll learn stuff the hard way).

I’m actually thinking about trying SWC 1 heavy weapons without links. Pano BS and high burst may work.

Golem2God likes this.
  4. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

MSR is good for Hunting party and in a meta heavy in Dogfaces. ML is ineffectve against them while MSR is always good. And atleast, you have the possibility to don't kill everybody in the case where someone is trying to put himself in Retreat after scoring Turn 1.

As for Regulars, in vanilla, I only know the Minelayer+Sensor and the Hacker loadout.

In Acon, Regulars are good for pesky overwatch against unequiped lists and last turn push. Due to a good mix of skills and equipements, they are also the best friends of your TAGs, especially Dragao.

5. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

What part of msr is effective against total immunity?

6. Ayadan

Stun ammo. This prevents them to rambo in your DZ and the smokes are harder for them to shoot.

AdmiralJCJF and Zsolt like this.
  7. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

In Acon, your attack pieces aren't generally links since it has the godly Tikbalang, Drakios is a beast and the Guarda and Montessa are beatsticks, so a Regular sniper with foxhole, deployed mine(s) from the Regular sensor and link bonuses is a b**** to dig out. If you have to use the Bagh Mari (and they're often worth it) they have a Haris option for the burst bonus, the +3 BS from 5-man is often overkill on a unit that comes with +3/-3 anyway thanks to MSV and CH:mimetism

Stun works on Total Immunity now.

8. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Sorry to burst in here but I'm amazed how many times I see this being thrown around, it literally doesn't work that way! Why do people keep saying it's a viable strategy?
    If you kill yourself into Retreat! then the effects of Retreat! will only come into on your NEXT turn, wich means your opponent have an entire board for himself to complete all the objectives he desires, before he hands over his turn to you. I've never heard of anyone winning, using this strategy. Ever.

9. Ayadan

Maybe by using your troops as human wall in reactive turn?
    It is a common strategy used by Ateks to win for Supplies, for example.

10. Cartographer

Yeah, going for a "retreat" isn't about killing your stuff in your turn, it's about setting up so that your opponent is forced to kill your stuff in his turn at the expense of achieving the objectives. It's risky, and requires your opponent to effectively let you set it up (or you've killed his ARO pieces already), but I've seen enough games where the winner was tabled and still scored an 8-2 not to dismiss it.

11. Ayadan

Exactly! The thing is tricky to set up but it harder to diffuse if done well. Because you have to not kill too much during your turn while preventing your opponent to fill the hole you began to create to gain access to objectives. Even Elite lists can do this and it is hard to break through two TAGs without triggering the Retreat! then...

12. Cartographer

E/M weaponry tends to mess it up, as does adhesive. I lost a game with my JSA the other weekend, having about 240 vp remaining on table but only 3 models mobile at the end.

13. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Well, Fusiliers often play defence, while our elite troops attack in the active turn. That's what makes ML the first choice, especially over HMG.

Defensive link with both ML and MSR is SWC-expensive, but more flexible when it comes to ranges and doing something in the active turn.

As for Regulars: they're my go-to defense when playing SAA. Usually in this configuration:

[​IMG] REGULAR (Sapper) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 22)
    [​IMG] REGULAR (Minelayer, Sensor) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 14)
    [​IMG] REGULAR Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] REGULAR Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] REGULAR Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)

2 SWC | 68 Points

Usually with a Doc or her Palbot parked somewhere near the sniper. Regulars rarely have to do act as the attack pieces, so I don't include Spitfire most of the time, unless I really want that backup and have SWC to spare.

Golem2God and Cartographer like this.
  14. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

I do like to bring a HMG Fusilier if i can afford the SWC. It's pretty cheap for an HMG with BS12. I mostly use them as a backup plan though. I had alot of games where things turn bad for me and i lose my heavy hitters early. The HMG Fus in a link still has enough threat potential to pull me out of a dire situation.

AdmiralJCJF and Golem2God like this.
  15. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

@Golem2God The ML is mostly a cheap and capable ARO piece to combine with other things for me. I'd never expect a LI Missile to do anything on it's own. It's nice if it kills something, wastes Orders or makes an ARM roll and ducks back into cover, but it also might just die in one Order without doing a thing.
    So I usually support it with a TO ARO in NCA. Which means a Swiss Missile/HMG or a Hexa MSR. Have them watch the same corner as the ML and you can expect to put a dent in the first thing trying to blow the ML off it's roof.
    When building a layered trap this way the MSR Fusilier often outperforms the ML guy thanks to better Rangebands. Where a Fusilier ML encourages to sprad out, the MSR Fusilier also can bait a Linkteam to engage from a spot where a Swiss ML can be devastating. As a bonus the MSR performs better than the ML in active turn.

Including a Fusilier HMG, if points and SWC allow it, has been pretty great. A high burst backup turret Prone on a roof can solve a lot of Problems later in the game.

Regulars are all about the Sniper. The most limiting factor for the Spitfire here would be SWC. A 2nd Sniper, Akali Spitfire, Minelayer Naga/Regular or Guarda/Tag tend to prevent it more than anything else.

Golem2God likes this.
  16. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

HMG Fusilier, HMG missile, and 3 standard Fusilier is my most common configuration in NCA. I use it in virtually every game.

The missile's great, but the 1 SWC and high Burst on the HMG can be a lifesaver if any of your active turn pieces run into trouble.

There are also some f2f rolls where I'm just not willing to risk the Swiss HMG (linked disposables like Blitzens or Panzerfausts on Heavy Infantry, for example) so sometimes I use the Fusilier HMG to soften things up first.

As for Acon Regulars, their best advantage is AVA total combined with their sheer versatility. If you need to hold the enemy back, they can do it with Sapper Snipers and Mines. If you need to attack and sweep, they can do it Spitfire and Sensor. Being able to field 7 or 8 of these guys/gals is just fantastic too, they're a great source of Orders and one of the best line infantry choices in the game. Getting them for 10 points is such a steal, it's one of the PanO's great advantages.

There's a lot more info on Acon Regulars and Fusiliers in the stickied tacticas:
    https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/the-shock-army-of-acontecimento-a-tactica.22582/
    https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/the-neoterran-capitaline-army-a-tactica.22784/

AdmiralJCJF, xammy and Golem2God like this.
  17. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I do not use a lot of HMG fusiliers in fireteams, I use MSR and Missile launcher link teams.

Golem2God likes this.
  18. xammy

xammy Keeper of Random Facts and Strong Opinions

I really like the MSR fusilier. It doesn't have the template awesomeness of the ML, but it's ammo options, great +3 range band & burst 3 in active turn makes for a solid long range killing option.

Golem2God likes this.
  19. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I don't often use the Fusilier Sniper in NCA, but it's far from absent from my lists. It's a better long range weapon for a fireteam that is going to have to move out than the Missile Launcher which suffers too much in mid range.

But the Fusilier HMG is one of my most commonly used models. She's such a feature that she was the very first Infinity model I own to earn her name. She's been "Alexa" for several years now and she always does a job of work.

Acontecimento Regulars work great in Vanilla, where a pair of the Minelayers is a standard part of my build (along with a pair of Auxilia FOs). But obviously in Acon they are going to be one of your strong fireteam options and they lean more on the snipers for ARO due to the lack of a Missile Launcher. But due to the factors pushing them to advance I think they suffer from that absence less than they could have.

Golem2God and barakiel like this.
  20. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Theres also a general lack of long range in SAA so the Regular sniper is even more valuable in that sectoral.

As for Fusiliers, the HMG is dirt cheap so in NCA it often a good choice especially with so many other elite units to spend your SWC on.

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation