1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's Ariadna's TAG

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Charbe86, Jun 24, 2018.

1. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

It's not so much trouble as the main(not only, but main) advantage of the army is taken away before you even start, forcing you to play in a way that I find less optimal(but then I'm the guy that'll defend the minuteman core so what the hell do i know about optimal?). Imagine you see a sign in a store window "50% off Coke" then you go in and the Coke shelf is filled with Pepsi. You ask the guy that stacks the shelf why and he says he prefers Pepsi. That level of mild frustration is what LI does. :confused:

2. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

I'm the guy that plays single combat group Ariadna on a fairly regular basis even when I don't have to, so... I think I might be your Pepsi guy. Sorry. :innocent:

ambisinister and cazboab like this.
  3. cazboab

In point of fact I actually prefer Pepsi, but most folks prefer Coke so that's how I ran it in the analogy.:disappointed:Choice is a good thing, and restricting it arbitrarily is not.

4. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

Wrapping this back around to the original discussion, I felt like the temporary rule that added Scarface to the most factions was an excellent compromise on this issue. It was definitely fun to play around with Scarface in vanilla ariadna lists, and it was a really nice touch that they used the Anaconda instead of Scarface for Caledonia.

5. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

In the coke v pepsi battle, I'm the guy over there drinking *beer* instead. (Cola drinks give me indigestion - I've never been able to drink either without serious reflux afterwards, so I pass on all of those. Other sodas it's not a thing.)

6. Shrooms

Shrooms Well-Known Member

Back on topic, I think the Blackjack should have the TAG designation. Same stats, so certainly low tech. It would make more sense with the model. As it is, are we supposed to believe that thing can go prone and dodge, and get patched up by doctors?
    That would provide an option (in vanilla) for TAG missions, and make a clearer distinction from other Ariadna AP HMG HI.

Darkvortex87 and coleslaw like this.
  7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Been in the game since N1 (where's my "old-man/get-off-my-lawn" emoji on this forum?!?)

There's a little more to it than that. It weighs in at about 4 tons (pg19 of N1, when the PanO Squalo is 2 tons, about the weight of a modern car), and because it's computer control systems are not cybernetic, it's not hackable (pg179 of N1).

We have assumed that the picture at the top of pg107 of N1 (and pg107 of N2, coincidentally) of that chicken-legged walked that looks like a refugee from DUST is the RM100.

But that's all there is.

That's literally what the RM100 was/is, an Archaic TAG.

Not sure if/when CB is going to get around to sculpting the RM100. I mean, Dogwarriors are S6, the size of light TAGs (and I think the Blackjack should be S6 as well), so it'd be one hell of a big beast to put in the game. Probably S8 (or even a hypothetical S9), and it'd need something to represent it's lesser maneuverability as compared to a cybernetically-controlled TAG. At the very least, it'd be Heavyweight, but I'd like to make an Archaic TAG unable to Combat Parkour (ie, be unable to freely go over any terrain it's height or less).

8. Musterkrux

Musterkrux Well-Known Member

I submit that, just like how the Ariadnan Hacking Device is the Autocannon, our TAG is actually just two Dog Warriors in a box (6 Total Immunity Wounds with Arm 3 is about equal to Str 3 and Arm 8, right?).

...Go on, open the box.

Deltervees and Section9 like this.
  9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

:smiling_imp:

Though I think I'd want a little more ARM on the Dogwarriors before I called them equal to ARM8.

Besides, the RM-100 has been a thing since the beginning. I'd like it to finally exist.

10. cazboab

We need to make Mormaer armour in dog warrior sizes...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation