1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Board Gams!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by Flipswitch, Apr 27, 2018.

1. m2cat

m2cat Active Member

Anyone for Azul?

2. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

I prefer Shut up and Sit Down's description: "[...]a box heavy enough to arouse sentient trebuche[...]".

Abrilete likes this.
  3. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean except that it's really heavy.

I have to stash it somewhere and I've got 5 more games coming in tomorrow (it was a sale don't blame me!) All of them combined cost less than GH.

4. Shoitaan

Shoitaan Well-Known Member

I've heard nothing but good things about the gameplay. Plan on picking it up at some point. Apparently the rule book is shit

5. leigen_zero

leigen_zero Morat Pacifist

It's my birthday soon so I'm thinking of picking up terraforming mars (because it has solo play), any good reviews?

6. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Its apparently good, but very dry.

7. Pierzasty

Get out.

8. Icchan

Icchan Well-Known Member

I've played only one game so far, so take this with a grain of salt: It's a heavily themed game of ladders and snakes. You race other players for top points, first one to cross the line wins the game, but there is a shocking shortage of interaction between players. Cards, where most player actions come from, are hidden from other players so making educated decisions on your turn is really hard. It also gets really slow with more than 3 players as planning in advance for your own turn is almost completely useless since the actions of your previous player might have changed the board too much making your previous plans worthless.
    Art style is a hit and a miss. Some cards have nice hand drawn art, others poor quality photos, making for a very mixed aesthetic style.

leigen_zero likes this.
  9. m2cat

m2cat Active Member

TM is a good game, but not for wide masses.
    Would be better to try it at local club.
    Solo mode is just for game's engine/deck learning.

10. Pierzasty

I just spent >$100 on card sleeves.
    This does not include Gloomhaven.
    FML

ed: stop laughing guys it isn't funny

#150 Pierzasty, Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    jherazob and Abrilete like this.
  11. leigen_zero

Sleeving cards is the closest I get to meditation, there is something incredibly therapeutic about the task that I can't put my finger on

12. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you must use your fingers for this...
    [​IMG]

Abrilete, Xeurian and FatherKnowsBest like this.
  13. ArTrodes

ArTrodes Never give up

I try play GuildBall too, but my wife and my son determind not let me in

14. leigen_zero

[​IMG]

jherazob likes this.
  15. Daemon of Razgriz

Daemon of Razgriz Ninja sniper

Going to play my first game of Gloomhaven tomorrow. Going in with a Cragheart, Brute, Spellweiver and Mind thief.

16. Shoitaan

Picked up Charterstone super cheap ($AUD60 plus shipping!) which is a steal. They changed the price to AUD 70 +10 for shipping within two hours of posting the item. Pretty big mistake to make but I'm glad they made it XD

My first legacy game. Wife and I only played 1 game so far but it was pretty interesting. I'm not sure what the game will feel like after all the gameplay elements are unlocked. Right now though the thrill of discovery of building a particular thing and discovering there's more game pieces than you initially thought as brand new sets of workers get introduced is pretty fun.

Abrilete and Flipswitch like this.
  17. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Yeah, Charterstone looks like an eventual pick up for me, it looks so cool

Shoitaan likes this.
  18. Pierzasty

Just got Vast: Crystal Cavern with the extras. Pliease tell me I didn't screw up. (yes I do know about the Mysterious Manor KS)

5-sided game with totally asymmetrical objectives sounds like totally my style:
    "OK then, the knight has to slay the dragon, the goblins want to kill the knight, the dragon needs to wake up and escape, and the thief grabs as much gold as he can and runs for his life.
    - And you?
    - I'm the cave and you're all crawling in my asshole."

Shoitaan and jherazob like this.
  19. Shoitaan

Only cause I have no gaming money left did I not back the manor KS. I'm waiting for root to arrive this year. Never played Vast but super interested. Love the idea of asymmetric gameplay. My concern is that it will be a nightmare to teach my gaming group. Curse of asymmetry I guess ..

20. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

Hi guys, too bad I missed this topic so far.

It seems I've got in common with plenty of people here.
    GKR I went almost all-in (didn't pick the urban wasteland expansion) during the KS.
    I really like it but it is so heavy I don't bring it that often :(
    I still have to assemble the extra mechs from the painter ed so little paint on it so far.
    Anyway I was able to get the results I want for the pilots' minis
    [​IMG]
    Here is my vision of the holographic pilots.

(on a side note, I am so into GKR that I am the honored translator of the "officially authorised unofficial french translation" of the rulebooks :sunglasses:)

Terraforming Mars this game is, for me, the most balanced management game I've played so far. It is deep enough but still anyone can play it. You don't need to be a hardcore management gamer to play it. Plus, as the end conditions are common, this is not the kinda of game where every one is playing his own play on his side, there is plenty of interaction between players. It really makes the difference.
    This is a game I really enjoy to have the opportunity to play and like to make people discover it.
    Plus I love the theme.

I've played Scythe too, it was interesting but this is the kind of game for hardcore players, where you have to invest time in it. Good game, but not my time.

Blood Red Skies I found the advantage mechanic interesting during the pre-order phase but I didn't want to get into until I test it.
    So it was out, I tested it and I went all-in too:disappointed:
    The good news is, those little planes didn't spend any time in the pile of shame. I followed the BoW streams and it helps me to get everything done (47 planes) in one week (I never expected to be that much efficient when it come to painting).
    [​IMG]
    No originality nor historical accuracy but nice enough to play with them and enjoy the result.
    I'm actually repainting the Zeros and the second Messerschmidt's squadron plus adding the decals on all of them (just need a cooler weather to finish it).

Santorini I tried it and I want to replay it as soon as I can.
    It is a bit disappointing at first but the more you play it, the more you find it deep.
    One advice: follow the rulebook advice and play several games of the basic rules (one small paragraph) as it's a 5 minutes game each time.
    At first you won't see what's the point of the game but after a couple of game you think a lot about what will be your opponent's next move.

Azul only one game so far but enough to say that it is working smoothly. I'll play it again for sure.

Shoitaan and Abrilete like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation