1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shooting out of close combat?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Croepoek, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

Hi. I seem to not find the correct rule reference / page.

Is it possible to use a range attack while being in base to base with an aristo from the opponents team? E.g. Lunah is in B2B with Maximus (oposing team) and wants to fire at Gata (oposing team). Does that work?

Sorry for the easy question, I just need a pointer to the respective rule section. Thanks!

2. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

3. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

The OP question was about Aristeia!, not Infinity.
    The forums could make it clearer than they do what section new posts are in.

Flipswitch, Croepoek and Ginrei like this.
  4. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

There is nothing in the rules becouse there is no restriction, if you can meet all the requirements of an Attack (cost, range and LoS :L:) you can use it.

-V-, Croepoek and Click2kill like this.
  5. Click2kill

Click2kill Well-Known Member

what zlavin said.

also, depending on who your opponent's character engaged with Lunah is positioned, Lunah might receive a cover dice which she can use for her Veteran Sniper passive.

Croepoek likes this.
  6. Croepoek

Thanks guys! This reduces a bit the effect of the „tie people up in meele“ tactic.

7. Click2kill

Many of the scenarios require you to move and position well. Being in B2B can really affect an aristos ability to do this, especially when you get get to poor brawn aristos like Major Lunah and Wild Bill who don't have an alternate way to escape. While you won't be able to "tie them up in melee", you will certainly be able to position your team around them if they get locked up.

8. Croepoek

In my experience: yes and no. You also tie down one of your opponents aristos and especially with Lunah‘s range 8, hiding all other three is tricky. And I rather tie down one Aristo and snipe another scorer with only one of my teams aristos. Also the running order comes into play. But as always: it all depends ;)

9. Click2kill

Unless they play Ricochet, characters block LOS. And if your character is in B2B with Lunah, and block her LOS, she can't shoot that character because of minimum range and she is forced to try and evade or find away to displace to get in the position to fire at someone else.

10. Croepoek

Sorry for bering unclear on my last post. The whole idea is to shoot someone else and not the character tying Lunah up.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation