1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Australia & New Zealand Infinity Tournaments

Discussion in 'Events & Tournaments' started by Thaddius, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Thaddius

Thaddius Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

This is going to be a long shot but I think a worth while thing to try and compile a list of tournaments that happen in Australia & New Zealand. This year I'm planning to attend a few tournaments and it would be great to be able to plan for the future as well. What helps me is to know the events in each state and when they're likely to happen. It may also help to know which are the larger state run events for those interested to travel.

Sorry to New Zealand players/meta for combining your country into one section. If it helps to divide it into North/South Island or however you would like to set it up please let me know.

I am from Sydney/NSW so there is going to be a bias in the knowledge of events there but it would be great to get feedback of other states tournaments and where they run. I know little of other states/metas so it will be good to get some information. I'll do my best to update the post so people don't have to be scrolling. This isn't mean to be a live tracking of current events but help for future planning for those inclined to travel.

I think information that is useful to know would be but feel free to add whatever you think will help people get to know the event

1) Where/Which state and where the event is likely to be held?
    2) When is it likely to be held (some fall on particular holidays/others are less fixed)
    3) Type of event (How many days/Points/Rounds/Format)

Most of the time events are advertised through the Infinity Australia or Infinity New Zealand pages. Closer to date more info will generally go up so definitely keep an eye on the sites:

Infinity Australia - https://www.facebook.com/groups/232571793496529/
    Infinity New Zealand - https://www.facebook.com/groups/InfinityNZ/

Australian Capital Territory

Canberra - CANCON - National Infinity Tournament - Australia Day Long Weekend (End of January) - 300PTS ITS/ 2 Day/ 5 Rounds
    Canberra - ANZAC CUP - End of March - 300PTS ITS/ 2 Day/ 5 Rounds
    Canberra - ANUITS - July/August - 300PTS ITS / 1 day or 2 Day
    Regular events every 1-2 months. Check the Facebook page
    Infinity Canberra Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/338413732941206/

New South Wales

Sydney - Clash of the Titans - Last weekend of February - 200 pts ITS/ 1 Day/ 4 Rounds
    Sydney - Dual Core - No Fixed Date (March/April) - 400pts divided between two players/ 2 Day / 4 Rounds
    Newcastle - Battle in the Vines - Largest NSW Tournament - Last Weekend in May - 300PT ITS / 2 Day / 5 Rounds
    Sydney - IGS - No Fixed Date (June/July) - 300pts ITS/ 1 Day/ 4 Rounds
    Newcastle - Castle Assault - August - 300pts ITS/ 2 Days/ 5 Rounds
    Sydney - COD Birthday - First Saturday in August - 300pts ITS/ 1 Day 4 Rounds
    Sydney - MOAB - October Long Weekend (End of September usually) - 300pts ITS/ 2 Days/ 5 Rounds
    Newcastle - Various - Newcastle run almost monthly/bi-monthly events so there is usually something happening most - They're likely to be 300pts ITS/ 1 day / 3 Rounds

New Zealand
    Various - NZ NatCon - Easter Weekend- 300pts ITS / 2 days/ 5 Rounds
    Auckland - Infinity New Zealand Open (INZO) - Beginning of July - 300pts ITS / 2 Day/ 5 Rounds
    Infinity New Zealand Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/InfinityNZ/

Northern Territory

Queensland
    Brisbane - Briscon - Last weekend in April - 300pts ITS / 2 Day / 5 Rounds
    Infinity Queensland/Northern NSW Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/InfinityQueensland/

South Australia

Tasmania
    Tasmanian Infinity Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1057182424338303/

Victoria
    Malvern East Good Games (Melbourne) - 300pts ITS / 1 Day / 3 Rounds. Looking to start up monthly
    Possibility of quarterly events

Western Australia
    Perth - Skulls - Twice a Year - April and October in 2018 - 300pts ITS / 1 Day / 4 Rounds.
    Events for upcoming events on word document in facebook group
    Western Australia Infinity Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/166234552070739

#1 Thaddius, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  2. RussM

RussM New Member

Good idea Thaddius.

In Melbourne the tournaments are currently ad hoc - there's two I know of coming up:

General Games Malvern East
    7th July, 300pt ITS tournament, 1-day 3-rounds.
    General Games used to host monthly tournies. This is the first since January and turn-out looks good so hopefully they're coming back.

Eastern Uprising 1 - Zero Pain
    28th July, House of War (Ringwood)
    A 1-day 200pt ITS tournament.

A group of Melbournites are meeting today to vote on a new club dedicated to organising inner-city events. We should be looking at 4 or so events planned out per year from that, hopefully falling on simialir times each year. So watch this space!

Thaddius likes this.
  3. Lt. Hall

Lt. Hall New Member

In the ACT we do semi regular (about once every 2 months or so) one day tournaments at jolt games in Mitchell, ACT.

We've also got:
    ANUITS, 1 day 300pt ITS on July 8th (this is an annual event which is always around July/August and sometimes 2 days)

Infinity canberra FaceBook page usually has details of upcoming Canberra tournements

Thaddius likes this.
  4. Thaddius

Thaddius Well-Known Member

Sounds good :) Keep us posted with how it goes. Is there a facebook page the Victoria/Melbourne players use to arrange Infinity games?? Would be cool to be able to post a link.

5. Fathoym

Fathoym Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hi guys,

I'm based in Wellington New Zealand, and have recently run IntelCom in April. The plan is to run this event every year, but next year will likely be a part of the NZ NatCon that's run each Easter (NatCon is a moving convention, and is being run on the Kapiti Coast next year, about 45 mins north of Wellington). This year was a 300 point event run in 5 rounds over two days.

Thaddius likes this.
  6. Obeisance

Obeisance Well-Known Member

Thaddius likes this.
  7. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Heya,

Other New Zealand TO here. We've got the Infinity New Zealand Open (INZO) coming up in two weeks (7-8 July) in Auckland. Hoping to also make this an annual event. Currently staying in Auckland, but might move around.

Held in the July NZ school holidays which are typically early - mid July.

2 days 300 point 5 round ITS is the most likely format.

oof. that sucks, easter will almost always be a no go for me.

Thaddius likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation