1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ode to Ninja

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Mahtamori, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Had the pleasure of playing a tournament with Mercenaries enabled and one of my two lists contained Saito and Uhahu. While I was expecting to make use of Uhahu, throughout the tournament she performed roughly to the expectations of a Celestial Guard. But Saito... I think I've figured this one out.

He gave me two victories and a third match where I didn't manage to push enough points forward against a very well-deployed Combined player - but Saito set me up for a potential victory that the CA clawed away from me. (Fourth match failed because of a Crane link hogging all the points and getting bogged down, but enough about the Crane.) Since we were tracking crits throughout the match, I can also reveal that I wasn't rolling stellar with Saito, either. Out of over 15 models killed and maybe 20 attack rolls made, he only generated roughly 4 crits, at least one of which was with smoke grenade.

Saito and Shinobu have the fantastic thing where they have smoke and good damage. Shinobu will be missed, normal Ninjas can't pick up the slack due to no smoke, now that it's beginning to click for me regarding maximum use of marker states, when to smoke, and what targets are worth taking a chance against. I will have to regard these as not only excellent "defensive" pieces against hard targets, but also very good at clearing backfields, something Yu Jing is now completely missing.

2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

"Ninjas do exactly what Oniwabans do. You're complaining over nothin." - CB did nothing wrong fanboy club.

lul

#2 Triumph, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Superfluid and SKOZZOKONZ like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation