1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts about Escalation League

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by MAlgol, Dec 23, 2017.

1. MAlgol

MAlgol I couldn't tackle the bear

So the local club is starting an Escalation League after the new years, lots of new players so we though it would be a good way to get to know the rules.

How do people build there small point list. My thought is that get something big and then give it order with smaller once. No real point in having many units that cost a lot but wont do anything because you don't have the orders. Not much room for tricks and advanced combos.

100pts
    My idea here is that the Mobile Brigada is my main gun and that the Alguacil will give me orders. They are a Fireteam:Core so they can do something too. Not sure if i should let the MB have the heavy weapon or let the Alguacil keep it. There is also an idea to have an Intruder HMG instead of the MB.

[​IMG] 100pts Intruder (HMG) Core Alguacil
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]6
    [​IMG] MOBILE BRIGADA MULTI Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 39)
    [​IMG] ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] ALGUACIL (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] ALGUACIL (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] ALGUACIL Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 15)

1.5 SWC | 100 Points

Open in Infinity Army

120pts:
    This could be more of the same, get more points for the Alguacil Fireteams, more heavy weapons and perhaps add a Forward observer or a Paramedic.
    [​IMG] 120pts Mobile Brigada and Core Alguacil

[​IMG]7
    [​IMG] MOBILE BRIGADA Lieutenant MULTI Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 39)
    [​IMG] ALGUACIL Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 14)
    [​IMG] ALGUACIL HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 18)
    [​IMG] ALGUACIL Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] JAGUAR Light Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW. (0 | 13)

2 SWC | 120 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Another 120pts list would be this one.
    [​IMG] 120pts Zoe and the REMs

[​IMG]6
    [​IMG] REAKTION ZOND HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
    [​IMG] REAKTION ZOND HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
    [​IMG] ZOE & PI-WELL . (0 | 47)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] ZOE (Hacking Device. UPGRADE: Stop!) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] PI-WELL Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)

2 SWC | 119 Points

Open in Infinity Army

150pts:
    Here there will be some changes. Remove the Alguacil as a Fireteam and replace it with a trio of Mobile Brigada and then have. Could replace one of the Alguacil with a Jaguar to get some smoke and auto hit.

Here I need a Lieutenant and opt for the Multi and LFT since i can get better use of that extra order.

I am still on only 6 orders, not sure if I should try to get more instead but I like the BM Fireteam and its +1 Burst. It did good in my one test run. =)
    [​IMG] 150pts MBA

[​IMG]6
    [​IMG] MOBILE BRIGADA HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 42)
    [​IMG] MOBILE BRIGADA Lieutenant MULTI Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 39)
    [​IMG] MOBILE BRIGADA Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 33)

2 SWC | 150 Points

Open in Infinity Army

200pts:
    I haven't given this point much thought yet.

250pts:
    Same here, don't yet have any ideas. We get an Spec-Ops and thinking of going with a Doctor/Engineer/Hacker combo with him and WIP 14 and some REMs.

300pts:
    Here I have my Szally list form the other post with some minor changes. I've had one game with it and got crushed but I think that was my fault and not the list but still made some options for it.

(the groups are just the options for the last 19 points. We don't get the Spec-Ops here so that is obviously not an option.)
    [​IMG] Szally Mk2.1 KHD + Option

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9
    [​IMG] SZALAMANDRA Hyper-rapid Magnetic Cannon, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 90)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] SZALAMANDRA PILOT Contender / Pistol, Knife. ()
    [​IMG] TSYKLON Feuerbach, Pitcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 34)
    [​IMG] STEMPLER ZOND Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)
    [​IMG] VERTIGO ZOND Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)
    [​IMG] SALYUT Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] ZOE & PI-WELL . (0 | 47)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] ZOE (Hacking Device. UPGRADE: Stop!) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] PI-WELL Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] INTERVENTOR Hacker Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle, 1 FastPanda / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
    [​IMG] INTERVENTOR Hacker (Killer Device Plus UPGRADE: Lightning) Boarding Shotgun, 1 FastPanda / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] ZERO (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)

GROUP 3[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] VORTEX Spec-Ops (12 XP) (BS:12, WIP:14, Doctor, Engineer, Minelayer, Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)

GROUP 4[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] STEMPLER ZOND Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)

6 SWC | 336 Points

Open in Infinity Army

2. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I have some questions first. Are advanced rules such as Fireteams allowed in the pre-200 point matches? Also, will you be playing on a full sized board?

3. MAlgol

Fireteams are not part of Advanced rules (as far as i can tell) and should work but Hacking and Command Tokens wont. Will play on a full sized table.

4. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Sorry for the delayed response! I'm sure it was for Christmas reasons and not because I was playing Pokemon in all my free time.

It turns out "no links" was just TO optional to keep it even more simple. Anyways.

I'm in an escalation right now, we're up to 250 in the next match.

First you have the basic difficulties of Annihilation, killing points without losing points in the process, then protecting your DZ so they can't score points on their turn. Certain units get more value while others lose value in this setting.

I played a Bandit Combi and Hellcat Spitfire. This gave me power to keep hitting their DZ without risking too many points. I took the Bandit Combi because it can deal with the widest variety of situations with increased range and burst.

I didn't score very well because my Bandit lost in CC on a 70%/10% chance to wound split two games in a row, and in the second game I hit 7 times to 7 armor rolls with the Hellcat. Even a little luck swings low point games. But I think mechanically they did very well.

For the rest of my lists I mostly used Jaguars. Jaguars are really hard to clear out and don't really reward the effort in points. They are pretty much self-protected orders, perfect for Annihilation style matches.

Additionally I had an Alguacil FO. This was so I could deploy it to counter Warbands with the Flashpulse.

Here's my round 1 list, round two added a Moran BSG so I could use the Koalas to clear mines and so I could screen the Bandit if I had turn 2.

[​IMG] Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor

[​IMG]5 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] HELLCAT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 28)
    [​IMG] BANDIT Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 27)

1.5 SWC | 100 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Anyways, I know that doesn't answer you directly but I don't know what to say so I just put my take. Honestly I wouldn't have bothered with a link even if I had them until maybe 150 anyways. Then again we play under 200 on half width tables, so having better long range firepower might have been worth it.

5. MAlgol

Haven't really given Flash Pulse any attention, perhaps I should try it. Having a link is just a bonus, I need something anyway and if they can be a Fireteam it will only make them better so I might as well. Too bad Jaguars need Señor Massacre to make a link.

Not sure I understand this. Does it really matter if I protect my DZ as long as I have a defencive position? With a Fireteam I can move up and protect the flanks of my main unit if needed, keep them all together with less orders.

6. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

@MAlgol you want to balance your units between being hard to reach and hard to kill. Getting the chain rifle on Jaguars makes them difficult to safely kill since they have a good chance of killing back. They are your most secure orders, if you want 100% just order generators unlinked Jaguars are the best. But the Alguacilles get long range firepower so they are good and generating orders and get that utility.

"Protect the DZ" just means your units in general, but in the DZ your units are the furthest from the enemy and the safest from AD and you usually don't have the orders to move the whole list out anyways. Basically I just mean "keep everything protected unless you need to move it out to kill stuff". Ideally you'll have a small amount of points out of safety to fight and most of your points set up to be difficult (in order cost) to kill. That's the most basic strategy to annhilation.

7. MAlgol

Alright.
    We had our first game, 100 points, last Wednesday and I squeezed in 4 games.
    The first three was with more or less the list above but one of the FO changed for a Paramedic.
    The forth was a Sister Sniper with the help of three Alguacil Paramedics and three jaguars with chain rifle.
    First and last was a win and the once in the middle was a massive loss.

I realize that Fireteams are good, they make less good unit good but it doesn't take much to stop them. With my list they take out the ML unit and the team is of little use, the SWC point should probably be used with the better unit. The Sister with the Sniper and jaguars was way better and more fun, more options and things to do. The next list at 120 points with use more smoke. =)

I think I'll go with the first of these two, 5 orders are on the low side I think.

[​IMG] 120pts Intruder + Zero + Jag m+ Paramedic

[​IMG]7
    [​IMG] INTRUDER (X-Visor) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 43)
    [​IMG] ZERO (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)

2 SWC | 119 Points

Open in Infinity Army

or

[​IMG] 120pts Intruder + Jags

[​IMG]5
    [​IMG] INTRUDER HMG, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 42)
    [​IMG] INTRUDER (X-Visor) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 43)

3 SWC | 118 Points

Open in Infinity Army

8. Skaldur

Skaldur Active Member

[​IMG] Nomads──────────────────────────────────────────────────[​IMG]6 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    ZERO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] KRIZA BORAC Lieutenant HMG / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (2 | 54)
    [​IMG] TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 6)

2 SWC | 119 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

What about this at 120. Most orders are pumped into kriza who should butcher most opposition.

Jaguar can hunt camo, defend kriza from close range assaults. Morlock can do the same and maybe alpha strike.

Zero and alguacile do objectives. Zero can hunt hackers who might threaten kriza. Alg can place repeater to help zero defend kriza more easily.

Very much a one trick pony but everything is at that level.

9. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

@Skaldur yeah I think that's the type of thing that works well at 120. Although KHD doesn't work at that level in escalation, which also makes it pointless since they don't have hacking.

10. osoi

osoi Well-Known Member

We have also recently started and escalation league where I am running Corregidor.

At 100 pts I took:

[​IMG]5 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] McMURROUGH 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Templar CCW (AP + DA). (0 | 31)
    [​IMG] WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] ALGUACIL HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 18)
    [​IMG] ALGUACIL Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 14)

2 SWC | 100 Points

Open in Infinity Army

It worked beautifully with the link essentially being an order battery for McMurder.

At 120 pts next week I'm switching it up slightly but not much:

[​IMG]7 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] McMURROUGH 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Templar CCW (AP + DA). (0 | 31)
    [​IMG] ALGUACIL Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 15)
    [​IMG] MORAN Boarding Shotgun, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)

2 SWC | 120 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I'm not sure where I am going with future weeks at this stage

11. MAlgol

I found that I never used the Forward Observer because i didn't think I could spare the Order so I replaced it with a Paramedic. They cant use Zonds so I just added more of them. Kept at least one next to the top shooter. Didn't matter much if he died as long as he fixed who ever he was fixing. =)

MORAN with CrazyKoals is something I want to try, don't have any yet and won't buy anything new until everything I have is painted. I do have Koalas so I can proxy if needed.

12. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Never really regretted taking a Moran. 12 BS with Mimetism isn't too shabby either.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  13. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I'm holding on buying the Moran until they re-sculpt them. And I wanna see how are they going to repack them together... if they do (frankly, they would go into a 20 bucks box or so, because of the 4 koalas...)

T. Rex Pushups likes this.
  14. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

Moran is simply amazing, most of my nomads wins was because of him. In my opinion its pretty much our best aro unit.

T. Rex Pushups likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation