1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Board Gams!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by Flipswitch, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Oh wow, let me know how Farsight goes!

KW's Dire Laser does own, I'm a big fan of Depleted Unobtanium though!

2. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

One of my groups favorites is TerraMystica. I aslo got a change to try Gaia project which is supposed to be Terramystica 2 in space. Its good, but I think I prefer terramystica. They did a very nice job on the components which explains the high price of Gaia project.

If you want a light deck building game, I really like Hero Realms, the player 'faction' expansions are almost mandatory, the Boss and campaign expansions are only needed if you want coop.

Eclipse is a nice balance of Direct conflict & resource management. My BG group tends to avoid direct conflict for more that duels. It makes it so everyone has a good time.

When we are in the mood for something heavier we also like Dominant species, Galarist.

I personally don't like Twilight imperium. too much down time between turns. I did not try TI3 yet.

3. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

Oooh boardgames thread.

Yes Solar and I are going to be playing farsight soon, he grabed the game and I got hold of the minis.

GKR is well worth the investment to anybody who wants to play it @Flipswitch solar is obsessed with that direlaser, I too actually like the depleted unobtanium and the vortex cannon (although the best weapon IMO is hammerstrikes peekaboo missiles which coincidentally killed solar cowering behind a building in the last game) [​IMG]

[​IMG]

best boardgame remains Twilight imperium however, just be prepared to spend the better part of the day playing it and get an order sorted for making the tea, and whenever invading Quann it is mandatory to shout "FOR THE GLORY OF QUANN!" and always vote to open the black box when that card comes up.

Solar likes this.
  4. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Dire Laser is sweet and really comes into its own when you use Jump Jets and such. Also it's a giant laser!

You guys should definitely read that batrep btw, it's hilarious.

5. Flipswitch

Coiled Strike is one of my favourites, Diamondback has some great cards.

6. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Link?

7. Aspect Graviton

Warcor

jherazob likes this.
  8. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Facebook, saving for when i'm home, thanks! :)

9. Renfri

Renfri Well-Known Member

Kingdom Death : Monster all the way !

Also, played Troyes this week end and it amazing. Reminds me of Lords of Waterdeep, but with dice and "cleverer"

Icchan likes this.
  10. Aspect Graviton

Warcor

They all have excellent cards but I do like how tricky Diamondback is, I have used CS twice now in a diamond back build buuuut I think it's a bit of a trap, it's reliant on you having multiple CS cards, hitting in the first place and then dealing the three damage, and firing a second will take you into the red, last game we played I must have taken coming on to 20% damage from overheating due to coiled strike (i missed with blood sucker which was my attempt to offset the heat damage). That said doing 4 damage and then critting with the second was pretty sweet for 9 damage.

Flipswitch likes this.
  11. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Diamondback is a coward's mech

12. Flipswitch

wrong af.

I use the african lady pilot to filter for her Coiled cards, it's fun as heck.

Aspect Graviton likes this.
  13. Aspect Graviton

Warcor

Yeah, all the pilots are pretty great and she'd definitely be in my top half when people know what they're doing which is one of the nice things about the game is that it does actually have a fair bit of strategic depth in terms of your loadout and pilot combo.

The real coward mech is hammerstrike with peekaboos and Ike or ana

14. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Mumbad had me drop off as well, but Kitara is great and I've been very happy for my return a few months ago... well, I was happy, anyway. Word in the stimslack is that the fans are not going to just let it die, though, so filling out your collection might actually be a really good move.

15. leigen_zero

leigen_zero Morat Pacifist

FWIW the cardiff netrunner meta appears to be deader than disco.

I think I quit just before the big anarch box expansion, I found that with a fortnightly card drop it was very expensive to keep up to date and most of the cards never saw the light of day. On the plus side due to one of the data packs being out of print and a bunch of the promos I got from entering events when I sold up I actually made a slight profit on my collection.

Thought it was an absolutely fantastic game though, really liked the mechanics and the setting was pretty awesome.

16. Flipswitch

Yeah it's a really good game, LCGs definitely hit that point where they either HAVE to reset or they just die, they get too big.

Ana Hammerstrike is the Hitler of GKR. Like, Jumpjets, Nail Gun, Move. Is one of the most aggravating things I have ever seen. Really surprisingly good game, really happy I picked it up.

17. Flipswitch

Also check out Starship Samurai, it looks well cool.

18. FatherKnowsBest

FatherKnowsBest Red Knight of Curmudgeon

Is Super Dungeon Explore any good?

19. Flipswitch

I'm gonna hedge on no because my LGS couldn't sell it fast enough, it hung around for ages like a bad smell. I also have a dislike for CMON stuff and the amount of schlock they throw onto KS. But I will admit I am a biased source.

20. FatherKnowsBest

FatherKnowsBest Red Knight of Curmudgeon

Oh, I hate....HATE.... that companies just toss things on Kickstarter instead of making an actual product first.

Flipswitch likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation