1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Raicho!

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Skjarr, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Fyeya

Fyeya Yakitori over a light flamethrower

I prefer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WarHound and Ginrei like this.
  2. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

I gotta say, they may both be manned bi-pedal vehicles with pelts but the Raicho is nothing like the Space Wolves Dreadnaught. :see_no_evil:

I will admit, I'd much rather have the skull and pelt as in the Raicho's concept design. I see no way for me to convert that. I could probably add one, but then there'd be two.

3. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Well I think we can at least agree Armored Core has some sweet designs and it's a good thing to be compared to. I think that would be a good design choice for the Cutters.

4. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

Yeah, Raicho is nothing like the dreads. What I was trying to say is where those pelts belong.
    IMO absolutely not on Raicho.

5. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

Wonder if cutters is next in line for a redesign, being in Varuna and all.

#25 Modock, Jun 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  6. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Well the people who designed the Raicho disagree and have done so for years. Morats have a hunting tradition, they are a mix of hyper-conservative warrior society with rapidly developed military technology. People play this game for the setting. Don't expect them to change things for you.

7. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

Everything I said was my opinion and I'm entitled to it. I don't expect any change man.

I'm pretty sure more ppl play this game cause of the miniatures and rules. When ppl jump on board they first look at the minis and the rules and then maybe dive into fluff. After all when you play the game you throw dice not fluff one liners.

deathklockk, Ginrei and Keyrott like this.
  8. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

I'd love to see a resculpted Cutter, really pushing the sleek, stealthy TO camo TAG to a new level. I just hope they don't go overboard on forcing the "aquatic" designs and give it something stupid like a back fin or something xD

I'd also love to see a new Lizard, but no more Bakunin this year means it's a ways off.

9. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Once you mention something more than once I figured you'd like to resolve the point.

If most people started grinding the pewter and snorting it I wouldn't want them to start shipping their minis as powder either.

WiT? likes this.
  10. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

Not having a pelt was one of the many, many things wrong with the original Raicho. They put the gun in the proper hand this time!

m2cat, AdmiralJCJF, Section9 and 3 others like this.
  11. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

Yeah, Cutters done right should be amazing. Lizard is in dire need of a resculpt, it looks really awkward.

12. Korgaan

Korgaan New Member

Please give Full Auto L1 or L2 to the Raicho.
    It would be so fluff.

loricus and Keyrott like this.
  13. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

They may as well have called the skill "Raicho". I would be very disapointed to not see at least level 1.

Korgaan likes this.
  14. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

I'd love to see the shield given some actual use in game but I'm not sure how. TAGs are already great defensively so i don't see that working. Maybe as an offensive CC weapon instead. A basic shield bash.

EDIT: Would treating the shield like a Special Dodge(intended :P) be too powerful? The Raicho doesn't move out of the way but can simply block the attack?

Keyrott likes this.
  15. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

Raicho needs somekind of boost it's overcosted atm. FA lvl1 should do it, lvl2 could be too much for the current points.

16. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

I really dig this design. It's a shame I already have a lightly converted Raicho (I added the skull and a carapace as trophies to it), because this model looks boss.

After the avatar got an awesome new resculpt but no new rules, I expect the same of the Raicho: it will look great, but it will only look great. I might get a new one sometime, though. She'll look badass next to the old one, and fielding two of them at least once will be fun. Stupid, but fun.

loricus likes this.
  17. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Basically allowing the troop to dodge at +3 or +6 PH (balancing out the TAG dodge penalty) and not allowing movement from the dodge (and it cant be used for turn to face) could be balanced with cost but I highly doubt we'll see anything.

Keyrott likes this.
  18. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Jotum also has a shield, along with a couple Ariadnan infantry models, and none of them have rules for it.

loricus likes this.
  19. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

I like this, L1 being a +3 and a L2 being a +6 to PH for dodges. I dunno about it's interaction with dodging templates with that "relatively" small shield for its size compared to its wielder. Dunno if that little thing would block something that wildly spews chunks of molten chain or a gigantic flamethrower. Also moar rules.

Ginrei likes this.
  20. Styx

Styx Cat.IE~~

Put him a Nanoscreen skill.

Ginrei likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation