1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Druze Bayram Security Observations

Discussion in 'Druze Bayram Security' started by Reece, Dec 15, 2017.

1. mazzacheammazza

mazzacheammazza Well-Known Member

Tested quite a bit. Funny they are very funny, but with some interesting weak point who make them a challenge (and so even more interesting).

• Of course, mov 4-2 isn't the best in alo of situations, expecially scenarios where there a lot of table to cross.
    • Mixed linked team means mixed vulnerabilities, for example, your drone can be hacked while the rest cannot; the team can go prone, but not the drone. On the other hand, mixed move ratio can be advanage, allowing the drone take a longer route to avoid some troubles
    • You can have a very good repeater network, but your hacker are nothing special, very easy target for killer hacking device. Hard lesson learned on field, keep you repeater guarded and pitcher loaded until you feel sure enemy have no more KHD around.
    • Druze are tough but still ARM 3 single wound models. A critical or a good hit they are gone. And they are expensive.
    • Love the EM granade launcher. Against High arm, low BTS target in cover this profile is a godsend. Yes, they will not die, but once isolated they are less scary. HI or tag fear him a lot.

2. T. Rex Pushups

T. Rex Pushups Well-Known Member

one of the really nice things about Druze shock teams is that they are immune to the worst of E/M ammo effects while still having access to one of the best means of delivering that type of damage.

3. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

For me the Druze are what the Bolts should've been.

rooki1, Cthulhu363, Jotunn and 6 others like this.
  4. T. Rex Pushups

That e/m & nimbus grenade launcher doesn’t come cheap but with fire team support and an x-visor that speculative shot is hitting on 12 or 15 if you can get close. Definitely the sort of thing you can justify spending an order on if the target is valuable enough or unfortunate enough to be standing next to a large number of friends.

Q.A.I. and Stiopa like this.
  5. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

I think your math is a little off there. Should be hitting on 9's, 12's if you get close. BS12 +3 (link) -6 (speculative) = 9. Either way, it's still amazing.

T. Rex Pushups likes this.
  6. Death

Death Well-Known Member

You can add wildcats to that as well. An MI link needs a lot of options to be worth taking over an LI link. Or in the case of Druze, no competition at all. lol

7. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Well, it doesn't matter until after you roll initiative, so you kind of need to decide before taking the list in the first place. Not deploying it (just in case this is what you meant) doesn't remove it from your list for the purposes of taking two orders away from a multi combat group list that's going first.

Lists like this are a big part of why I don't like that new rule. If you're playing a mission where going second is advantageous, and you lose initiative, you're at an additional disadvantage. Might as well leave that Warcor out and avoid the hassle.

Balewolf likes this.
  8. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Oh of course, I wouldn't put the warcor in the list in the first place if it was for a tournment where I needed no more than 10 orders. Like I said, I just included it out of habit.

Your over thinking things, I just made a typo of sorts.

9. T. Rex Pushups

Ah yes.

It has been a while and I was thinking of it as -3.

Your math is correct.

10. T. Rex Pushups

Well I was so in love with the models I was using their link in N2

I was also using them with strong success in QK for N3. But I suspect my local meta was not that brutal as people had a hard time handling them plus Scarface.

11. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

Fought USARF 300pts Annihilation.

End result, draw game. 131 remaining to his 107. Both of us had a surviving baggage bot.

More than anything, I've got to learn to use Bashis and Hunzakuts better.

I did a stupid cross over move with the Bashi and gave up a normal roll vs a shotgun template and lost the Bashi before he had a chance. The Hunzakut lobbed a shell and hit, but no damage vs any of the ARM3 targets. She needs to go after squishier targets.

The Clipper was a straight boss. I think the Smart Missile IS the way to go though.

Overall, I played like a rookie putting a bunch of dudes on the roof for tons of AROs since I went second. ;) So that was the biggest factor in the draw.

They're pretty different than my CA, or MO, but I like them so far.

12. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Considering the ubiquitous nature of Shock ammo I'm pretty ok with Bolts.

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  13. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Bioimmunity is nice, but I'd rather have the long list of weapons and equipment of the Druze and their flexible fireteam options. They really grow on me, and I realized that between new and all box people would have all the sculpts they need. It's a good thing that I'm not interested in starting Bayram.

T. Rex Pushups and barakiel like this.
  14. T. Rex Pushups

Is the brawler assault hacker worth including?

I am considering using one in my 5 man Druze link since he is 11 points cheaper.

But I worry about the difference between WiP 12 & 13.

15. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

I'd say, it really depends on what you're doing with those other 11pts.

In general, I think you're probably OK. But remember, you're only allowed to link 1 Brawler in the Druze link. There are some sweet options: MSV2 Sniper, Heavy Rocket Launcher, Engineer, and Doctor.

But if you've got everything covered and you need 11pts somewhere else, I think it's not a bad trade off.

16. T. Rex Pushups

[​IMG] Druze with cheap assault hacker
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] SCARFACE & CORDELIA TURNER . (1.5 | 74)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] SCARFACE 2 Mk12, Heavy Rocket Launcher / AP CCW. (1.5 | 57)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] SCARFACE Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. ()
    [​IMG] [​IMG] CORDELIA TURNER Combi Rifle, Chain-colt, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
    [​IMG] DRUZE HMG, Chain-colt / Viral Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
    [​IMG] DRUZE (X Visor) Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher (E/M and Nimbus) / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
    [​IMG] DRUZE Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Pitcher, D-Charges / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] DRUZE Lieutenant (X Visor) Combi Rifle, Chain-colt / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] BRAWLER Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Submachine Gun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 17)
    [​IMG] PEACEMAKER Heavy Shotgun + AUXBOT_3 / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] AUXBOT_3 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
    [​IMG] PATHFINDER DRONBOT Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
    [​IMG] BRAWLER Doctor (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    [​IMG] NASMAT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] KAMEEL Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] FUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] FUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

4.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

This is what I am thinking. I want the killer and assault hacker in the fireteam so that they can have sixth sense level 2

I could lose the war cor and the nasmat to get the peacemaker equipped with the spitfire but I like the idea of a markmenship level 2 heavy shotgun quite a lot with the EVO hacker I the heavy shotgun would have a pretty nasty ARO when everything with a repeater becomes b2.

17. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

So... What's the plan for the second group? I don't see what the Kameel is gonna do with three orders. Maybe swap the Pathfinder or the Peacemaker in to that group.

18. T. Rex Pushups

Activate a gadget program and do ARO hacking.

This means I don’t have to waste a main group order to do a buff. The Kameel doesn’t strike me as order hungry.

19. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

Sure, but there are two more orders (three in a pinch) in that combat group with units that typically just ARO or hide.

20. T. Rex Pushups

Yeah. Anything else in there would be order starved.

If something bad happens to someone in the main group I can plug one of the others in to re-fill the order pool.

But now I have a concern about having 2 hackers in the link.

So if I find myself using a repeater to attack an enemy hacker with my killer hacker can they ARO against the assault hacker and hit him with a normal roll?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation