1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITS 9 Question and Answer

Discussion in 'ITS' started by locksmith, Nov 28, 2017.

1. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

Transmission Matrix as an example uses the designated target but doesn't mention taking the hvt specific cards out. I read through the ITS 9 documents and it doesn't seem to mention anything about it.

2. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

true, i foud the mission with the provision, and it is one where there is no HVT and no Designated Target either, so that one still use classified but you remove HVT related ones. Then, my answer is valid for every designated target mission since none has a provision to remove specific cards.

3. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

You still get a Designated Target "kill" if they're Unconscious at the end of the game. You can still Secure HVT on an Unconscious DT.

Robock likes this.
  4. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

That is a good point. As much as we can datascan Unconscious enemy, we can do pretty much any HVT related classifieds against unconscious DT which will still score point for Killing.

Hecaton likes this.
  5. KwarkyMats

KwarkyMats Well-Known Member

I have a question about Capture & Protect.
    The last mission objective states the following:
    Prevent the enemy from Capturing your Beacon the end of the game (3 Objective Points).

Does this mean you have to prevent your opponent from having capture your Beacon at any point in time during the game or only at the end of the game?

For example, my opponent captures my Beacon with one of their troops. On of my troops kills the troop carrying the Beacon. The Beacon isn't captured for the rest of the game. Do I score the points?

6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

We've always played as "nobody is carrying your beacon when the game ends", so if a Fiday grabs your beacon and you kill him at a distance with a well-placed bullet and it was the third turn of the second player, the enemy has been prevented from capturing the beacon.

7. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

Restricted Range is still listed under the Special rules for Hunting Party and should be removed.

8. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Question regarding hunting party and mnemotica : let's stay I use my ADHL on the avatar and Immobilize him. My opponent then use mnemotica to transfer his lieutenant to someone else, killing the avatar.

Does it still count as an hunted lieutenant for me ? I would say no but I would like confirmation

9. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

No, but the avatar can't use mnemotica because he is immobilized.

xagroth likes this.
  10. konuhageruke

konuhageruke Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Biotechvore.
    If camo infiltrator fails confuse deployment roll, can he deploy in camo state in his deployment area?
    "If the player fails the roll, the trooper will be deployed anywhere his Deployment Zone." This part overwrites rules about dispersion for AD troops and failed impersonation, so you may think it also applies to revealing camoed troops in failing infiltration rolls. Please link me where it is clarified otherwise.

11. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

RAW he would deploy in camo state, since the scenario rules are specified to supersede the skill ones, and there are no mention of losing the marker state in case of failure of deployment (and it's not just my "interpretation", but that of the tester I tend to pester about this things, at least it was last season when we asked about it).

Reece likes this.
  12. adamljung

adamljung Active Member

I'm going insane here, I must be blind but I can't find what a dead zone is? Seen it in the haqqislams kurage mission that I'm going to try tonight, could anyone point me to where I can find what it is?

13. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

It's the strip between the Exclusion Zone and your Deployment Zone.

xagroth and adamljung like this.
  14. adamljung

adamljung Active Member

Yeah we managed to figure out where it is located just no idea what it does?

Edit: ah I'm just stupid, it's one of the zones you can heat up with the heating units and that's it?

15. ijw

Yes, that's all.

adamljung likes this.
  16. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Yup, to further elaborate, a "dead zone" has been used in all scenarios with Exclusion Zones, and you can deploy whatever you want there (roll PH to infiltrate on the enemy's side, place the Impersonators as usual, etc...).
    Expect a Fiday in your face when battling Haqquislam there XD

17. kinginyellow

In supplies, if a manned tag is unconscious, but the pilot alive, out of the tag and is holding supplies (for ITS mission supplies).

Does the pilot count as being in null state at the end of the game for purposes of points for holding those supplies or did the pilot score some points?

18. ijw

Only if you put the Pilot into a Null state.

19. kinginyellow

The reason why I ask is because of this:
    I can't tell if "any other purpose" means that they can still get objective points for holding that supplies box. From your answer, the answer is a pilot can get objective points in supplies.

20. Spleen

Spleen Well-Known Member

The key is that the pilot needn't be a survivor to score in supplies, merely a model not in a null state, which the pilot rules don't advise you to put him in a null state at the end of the game.

chromedog likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation