1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Auto + BS Attack (SF Mode)

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by inane.imp, May 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

@Hellois has clarified that Full Auto L2 does not stack with Suppression Fire because Suppression Fire is an Entire Order skill. Which is clear: when declaring Suppression Fire you can't benefit from the Full Auto L2 MOD.

However this doesn't address the ARO.

In ARO a trooper in the Suppression Fire state will declare BS Attack ([Weapon] in SF Mode) and Full Auto certainly stacks with BS Attack.

So does a trooper with Full Auto L2 declaring a BS Attack in SF Mode as an ARO impose a -3 MOD or a -6 MOD?

2. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

the Supp Fire entire order does not even have a -3 MOD, that MOD is specific to the State; so it is clear to me he was talking about -3 MOD from Full auto not stacking with the -3 MOD from supp fire state. It is counter to what I what I was thinking, but that is the FAQ answer.

3. inane.imp

I agree that appears to be what he's saying. Except the reasoning it's an Entire Order skill, whereas the attack is not. So I'm basically just going 'is this what you really meant?'

But the way the Solved Questions thread works you can't follow-up.

4. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

This answer is contrary to what we all thought and how we played it. I always assumed they didn't want Full Auto stacking with things like inuitive attack, spec fire, triangulated fire or anything like that.

I can't think of a reason that it doesn't work other than the fact "because Hell said so". Which is concerning

Robock and Hecaton like this.
  5. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Could you link or quote the clarification ? I would like to read it before giving my opinion.

6. dlfleetw

dlfleetw Well-Known Member

Yea... you can't declare an entire skill as an ARO so.... that makes no sense within the mechanics of the game.

Just errata the skill if you don't want it to stack.

nazroth and Hecaton like this.
  7. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/solved-full-auto-l2-suppressive-fire.23203/

FatherKnowsBest likes this.
  8. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

toadchild and inane.imp like this.
  9. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Could you clarify? Is a change in this rule only, or on so many things we can expect a new corebook PDF? ^^

Hecaton and MikeTheScrivener like this.
  10. Sorbus

Sorbus Member
    Warcor

I'm sorry but the reply from @HellLois does not answer/solve the question.

Full auto L1 is clear as it can only be used in the active turn.

Full Auto L2 is unclear. Example:
    - Example 1: Kriza activates with an order and declares SF - enemy aroes without -3 modifier as it was an entire order skill - so far so good
    - Example 2: A Fusilier spends an order to move into LOF of the kriza borak already in SF mode (within range of course). Kriza declares shoot with B3. The Fusilier also shoots. Is this now -6 (-3 SF -3 Full auto) for the attacking Fusilier?

Hecaton and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  11. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

On the contrary, he states clearly that Full Auto N2 and Suppresive fire do not stack. The reasons given are... less than understandable, and make a mess of a lot of things.

12. dlfleetw

dlfleetw Well-Known Member

Robock likes this.
  13. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

Oh I always played it the way that they do stack, it changes quite a bit of my playstyle with kriza but it was kind of strong so I actually agree with it, they just need to clear up the rules in that matter so everyone can read it

14. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, @HellLois has basically issued a temporary errata to the Full Auto L2/SF as being unable to stack, and a permanent errata to cover this (and possibly other) ruling(s) is forthcoming.

15. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

sounds like it!

16. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

That's extraordinarily hamfisted of him to issue an erratum, claim it's just a clarification (but get the rules involved wrong) and then lock the thread so people can't reply further. I hope an explanation in an official capacity is coming soon.

#16 Hecaton, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
    pakohbadajoz and xagroth like this.
  17. inane.imp

Yeah. I am happy with that; just confused by the explanation as it didn't seem to discuss the actual declared ARO. If it's a deliberate change then that's different.

@HellLois Can I suggest that we don't auto-lock solved threads? Because this would have been much easier as a 'hang on, did you actually mean that?' in the original thread. Quite often there's subsequent questions that fall out of a particular 'solution'. Locking them after a week (giving people who were following the original conversation time to ask follow-up questions/ discuss implications) might be a decent compromise.

xagroth, ambisinister and Hecaton like this.
  18. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

Sooo... now's the time to drop Kriza Multirifle profile down on points. This one was sold with a promiss of Full Auto stacking with Supressive Fire. Now that's in the past - profile cost should follow suit.

19. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

Can you point me to where CB promised this?

20. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

The logic he uses to deny Level 2 stacking would also prevent Level 1 from working as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation