1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hassassin Escalation

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by ambisinister, Apr 25, 2018.

1. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

I'm super new to Haqq (I'm coming from Yu Jing) and it seemed like joining an escalation league would be a good opportunity to get my feet wet with the faction, as it were. Based on everything i've read on the forums, my instinct, especially at the lower point rounds, is to leverage our access to low cost troops but I'm wondering if I'm overvaluing the strength of the Daylami and the Mutts. The list I'm batting around looking like these, but I'm wondering if I'm going in the wrong direction.

[​IMG] Hassassin Bahram
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]3 [​IMG]4 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] MUYIB (X Visor) Heavy Rocket Launcher, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 22)
    [​IMG] MUYIB Rifle + Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    [​IMG] MUYIB Rifle + Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    [​IMG] DAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8)
    [​IMG] DAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8)
    [​IMG] MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    [​IMG] MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)

2 SWC | 96 Points

Open in Infinity Army

3 man Muyib core feels pretty resilient, but i'm low on regular orders.

[​IMG] Hassassin Bahram

[​IMG]5 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] GHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] GHULAM HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 20)
    [​IMG] LEILA SHARIF Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Shock Marksman Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)

2 SWC | 97 Points

Open in Infinity Army

4 man+ Leila Ghulams gives me more regular orders to work with, but isn't quite as potent as the Muyibs, especially if the HMG goes down. I can massage the points, lose the Mutt and get a doctor in the link (or drop a daylami and put a panzerfaust ghulam in there and a doctor).

Am I going in the right direction? Should I try and get a Farzan in there? Mines and camo could be a nice boon at low points. Something like this:

[​IMG] Hassassin Bahram

[​IMG]5 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] FARZAN (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)

2 SWC | 100 Points

Open in Infinity Army

2. Balewolf

Balewolf It's all opinion

I'm liking the 2nd list more, but I'd do a little change.

[​IMG] Hassassin Bahram

[​IMG]5 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] GHULAM Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] GHULAM (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    [​IMG] LEILA SHARIF Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Shock Marksman Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)

1.5 SWC | 99 Points

Open in Infinity Army

The first list just doesn't have enough orders to get stuff done. This list gives you all the orders you need to get your Ghazi across the board turn 1, and has a little bit of ARO as well. Without having objectives in the early missions of escalation leagues, you can pretty much just castle and corner guard. The doc can really help in these low point missions as well.

Are you going to be playing on a smaller board or the 4x4?

ambisinister likes this.
  3. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

I will tell you from experience that a Fiday at that low points will absolutely wreck everything you are going to face...

[​IMG] Hassassin Bahram

[​IMG]5 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] FIDAY Boarding Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)
    [​IMG] GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)

1 SWC | 99 Points

Open in Infinity Army

4. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

For an escalation event, will you be using hackers? If not, Leila is great, but you won't use her full potential. I probably like list 3 the most. Muyib are awesome, but order efficiency is more important to me. (I love them in 300 pt games).

Daylami are great, but more of a speed-bump than anything else. I usually have 1 for every 100 points I'm playing.

Ghazi are just lovely little tools - you will fall in love. I usually run 3-4. Not sure if they'll allow that in your escalation event either though.

ambisinister and Balewolf like this.
  5. ambisinister

That's a good question, I assumed we'd be doing 4x4 but it's probably worth checking with the TO.

oldGregg likes this.
  6. ambisinister

@oldGregg We're following the escalation rules right out of the ITS 9 packet, so that means no hacking until round 4, which I was expecting. My thought behind including Leila was to get the link up to 5, plus she's a slightly better shot and has that shock rifle. So I didn't super mind that her KHD would go unused. As far as Mutts go, I haven't been told that there's going to be any restriction on unit selection.

@theGricks I had considered the Fiday. I'm used to using that kind of model (though i suspect in some ways the Fiday is more fragile than an Oniwaban) but I know my first round opponent is using Tohaa and that nerfs impersonation slightly and as a result I was considering leaning away from it for this round and why I was considering something like a Farzan.

Thank you all for the responses. It gives me a lot to think about! List building for Haqq is, obvisouly, a much different experience from Yu Jing and I'm liking the challenge. Maybe challenge isn't the right word, but I think you know what I mean.

7. oldGregg

Fiday and impersonation is still fantastic against Tohaa. Especially at low point levels.

If you want to avoid that and play Leila, I would try something like this:

[​IMG] Hassassin Bahram
    [​IMG]5 [​IMG]4 [​IMG]4
    1 SWC | 100 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

If you want another regular order and nothing crazy, maybe this:

[​IMG] Hassassin Bahram
    [​IMG]6
    [​IMG] GOVAD Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    1 SWC | 100 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

I never run Govads, but if you are on a small board, I might toss that msv1 bsg in my list.

8. ambisinister

Well, this seems like as good a place as any to keep track of my thoughts and experiences as I play through the league. @oldGregg 's enthusiastic support of the Fiday won me over to I built a list with him and he didn't disappoint. I completed round 1 by tabling my opponent and losing only a Mutt in exchange (poor guy, smoke dodge doesn't really help against a Gao Rael). My opponent brought two Triads, list under the spoiler if you're interested.
    [​IMG] Tohaa

[​IMG]6 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] GAO-RAEL Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1 | 31)
    [​IMG] KAMAEL Paramedic (Medikit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] KAMAEL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] SAKIEL Combi Rifle, Nimbus Plus Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    [​IMG] KAMAEL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] MAKAUL Heavy Flamethrower, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, Viral CCW. (0 | 13)

1 SWC | 100 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Mutts: Played no role in this match. One died in his first activation, the other wasn't quick enough to get to the party to make a difference.

Ghulams: Nothing much to say here, performed as well as expected. The HMG took out the Gao Rael and then they didn't do anything for the rest of the match.

Fiday: MVP definitely goes to this guy. The sakiel, makaul, and kamael triad were convenient huddle in a boarding shotgun sized line and the fiday made quick work of them before dropping back into impersonation. The next round he took advantage of his marker state to finish off my foe's remaining troops. His ability to deploy right outside an enemy's deployment zone without a roll makes him much more reliable than an oniwaban and I can definitely see the appeal of the unit.

Round 2 bumps us up to 120 points and my first thoughts are to keep the current list and either add Leila to get the Ghulams up to a 5 man link or to add a minelaying Farzan. Based on the success of the Fiday, I'm inclined to take the Farzan because another midfield skirmisher with a boarding shotgun and a marker state feels like it will be punishing in this point bracket.

Balewolf likes this.
  9. oldGregg

Glad you enjoyed the Fiday! You should post your list so we can take a peak. Or was it the list posted by @theGricks ?

Now moving up in points, always keep in mind your other Fiday options. The BSG is sweet, but the AP mine profile is probably the most widely useful. (I often take it if I'm not entirely sure what I'm up against, playing a zone of control mission, or when I know the Fiday will be effectively counter-deployed). All the profiles are awesome when applied to the right situation. Just remember to not lean too heavily on the piece, as your opponents will most likely catch on and start shutting it down.

Even when this happens, the very fact that they are so focused on a ~30 point threat is reason enough to field it. Haqq is all about creating opportunities and trading up.

And I promise your Mutts will have their day in the spotlight.

10. ambisinister

It was a slight variation on the one that @theGricks (whom I should also thank for the suggestion. thank you!) suggested. With one point and 1 SWC laying around I decided to upgrade a ghulam to LGL in the very unlikely scenario that I'd need it.

[​IMG] Wiz Escalation 1

[​IMG]5 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] GHULAM Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 13)

2 SWC | 100 Points

Open in Infinity Army

So if I build my round 2 list to this point:
    [​IMG] Hassassin Bahram

[​IMG]6
    [​IMG] FARZAN (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)

1 SWC | 112 Points

Open in Infinity Army

That leaves me with 8 points to spare. That could be a daylami. That could be a Mutt, the return of the LGL Ghulam and an upgrade to any of the other Fiday profiles. I could swap out the Farzan for a lone Govad or Muyib, but that doesn't seem like it would be as effective. I guess with 20 points we could also add 2 more Mutts and a Daylami, but it occurs to me now that asymmetric trading (which I understand to be one of Haqq's strong suits) is not as powerful in low point matches.

11. oldGregg

Your next round is at 120 points, not 150?

12. ambisinister

Yes. We're playing per the ITS pack:

round 1: 100 point annihilation
    round 2: 120 point annihilation
    round 3: 150 point annihilation now with Lts!
    round 4: 200 point annihilation now with Advanced Rules and classified objectives!
    round 5: 250 point annihilation now with Spec Ops!
    round 6: 300 point antenna capturing now with Retreat!

13. oldGregg

The Djanbazan HMG is a monster, especially when you drop smoke to hide him and shoot through it.

[​IMG] Haqqislam
    [​IMG]5 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] DJANBAZAN HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
    [​IMG] NASMAT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    2 SWC | 120 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

*If you aren't allowed a nasmat, a warcor is awesome - maybe just take a warcor, regardless.

14. ambisinister

While I would love to take a Djanbazan, I'm locked into Hassassin Bahram for the league.

oldGregg likes this.
  15. oldGregg

Totally forgot!

120 points is weird. Maybe try a Lasiq?

[​IMG] Hassassin Bahram
    [​IMG]5 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] LASIQ Viral Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] GHULAM Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 16)
    2 SWC | 120 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Part of me would just wan to load up on dudes:

[​IMG] Hassassin Bahram
    [​IMG]6 [​IMG]4 [​IMG]3
    [​IMG] GHULAM Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 17)
    [​IMG] LASIQ Viral Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
    2 SWC | 120 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

There's various ways to do this, all of them sacrificing neat tricks like the Fiday. You B3 rifles seem just as good at this point level as a HMG. Shotguns are cool too. The viral rifle could be devastating if you park it in central cover and drop into suppression. Enemy shoots you at -9 before their own mods.

#15 oldGregg, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    ambisinister likes this.
  16. ambisinister

You guys keep coming up with things that I fail to consider. I haven't put a lot of thought into the rifle option for Lasiqs.

Ultimately I do enjoy playing aggressively and the Fiday is nice for that. At 120 I think i'm looking for a piece that can serve as back up if the Fiday gamble fails. So Farzan? Lasiq? Lone Muyib? Lone Govad? 5 man bonus for the Ghulams? Muyib and Govad don't seem worth it. Farzan, Lasiq, and 5 man Ghulam all have merit. It's a lot to think about.

Thank you guys again for all the help!

17. oldGregg

Lasiq are cool, but 4-2 MOV can hurt. For back-up attack piece in hassassins, I would honestly go for an Ayyar SMR or R+EM if you can somehow justify the points. Leila is a good little hunter with the SMR.

I would work on this a lot more before running it, but the viral pistols on the Ayyar have helped win me too many games to count.

[​IMG] Hassassin Bahram

[​IMG]5 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] ÁYYĀR (Surprise Shot L2) Rifle + E/Mitter, D.E.P. / 2 Viral Pistols, CCW, Knife. (0 | 37)

2 SWC | 119 Points

Open in Infinity Army

*EDIT
    If you can use fireteams, I would try something like this:
    [​IMG] Hassassin Bahram

[​IMG]6 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]2

2 SWC | 120 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Balewolf and Errhile like this.
  18. ambisinister

Fireteams are legal. And I have been chomping at the bit to use an Ayyar, but thought it'd be prudent to wait until I got a few more points to play with. I'm definitely gonna try and squeeze him in at 150. I like having more models on the table than my opponent, particularly at these low point levels (it's not something i'm used to!) so I do want to take advantage of Mutts and Daylami. (and I know it's a bit gimmicky, but I am looking forward to at least one coordinated Daylami panzerfaust salvo at something.

19. HardDisk

HardDisk Well-Known Member

i don't like Govads alone too much (except the Govad HMG that can deal with a lot of problems), but sometimes i pick one or another Muyib by itself, normally the LGL (Lt sometimes) or HRL for ARO duty.

And the Lasiq Viral rifle can go middle field for suppression, if he lives another turn (its not THAT hard) you can flank your adversary and shoot people above 16' with no cover on BS12, using that x-visor a bit more.

ambisinister likes this.
  20. HardDisk

HardDisk Well-Known Member

Just to make myself clear, i love Govads 5-man links, they're awesome for long range dominance. Haris defensive Govads are good too, but i find Sniper and ML expensive for ARO duty without Haris/Core.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation